Darn you, BYC!

We have this policy that we've been working on, that we won't eat any animal product unless we can raise and kill it ourselves....Yea, did I mention we seem to be on the fast track for vegetarianism?
Also, Magpie31 I'm like that WITHOUT baby hormones. Low bloodsugar is bad for your emotional sanity.

Quote:
Ohhh see therein lies my biggest problem...i can NOT slaughter and consume anything that i have devoted my time, effort and heart to. My dad wants my roos that i'm getting ready to get rid of, and i told him "i wont be eating chicken at your house unless i see you take it from the package"....i just cant. I go mainly vegitarian in the summer when the garden begins to produce but i have to have my occasional meat and i'm an icecream addict...soooo........

Ha Ha Ha! Welcome to the club! We ALL hate sad chicken eggs!
lol.png

Hee hee.. Being a vegetarian is why I got chickens in the first place! I'd probably be vegan if I had to eat 'sad eggs', but my chickens eat better than I do so I don't mind eating their eggs!
smile.png

Magpie31 well said. And so funny. You will definetly fit in well here. My entire family would have rolled on the floor laughing at me.
smack.gif
Welcome to BYC from Ga.

Right there with you girl! My DH and DS is the same way with me--they just don't totally get it like I do..Oh they like the chickens but don't LOVE them like I do...LOL But welcome you are in good company!!!!! LOL:welcome

I made time to get myself some "happy eggs". Now I have another dilemma...

I don't feel right throwing the sad eggs away, because those poor hens put work into that, and it seems disrespectful. But I don't know about eating them either...Maybe bake something, so they aren't so obvious?

Dear lord, I am gonna drive myself crazy before this kid (or the chickens!) even get here!!

Back
Top Bottom