Day 13 VERY BAD AIR CELLS, Opinions please.

I can't speak to the humidity in relation to the accuracy of the hygrometer, but those eggs have been kicking off a bit of moisture. There's nothing you can do to correct the saddle cells, but a lot of eggs hatch even though they pip at the wrong end, where there is not even a cell at all, so IMO, you have a pretty good chance with them if they've made it this far. Of course you must realize that my opinion is not worth much, because I've never hatched a shipped egg... just done a lot of reading.
Well knowledge is half of it! Experience is the other half. Thank you for the comment! :)

I have hatched out 100s of shipped eggs. Many many damaged air cells, Like Airelle said-- saddle cell chick do hatch--I've had many chicks hatch from damaged air cells. My experience has been most of the damaged air cell developing chicks make it out. I candle but don't fuss about the conditions inside. Good luck and keep us posted.

thank you again for your advice and confidence I'm glad to hear it shouldn't be a problem and I will definitely keep everyone posted

Thanks for the post. I have the same problem with 4 shipped eggs at day 13, i actually had 2 dozens but all but 4 were ruined due to my ignorance with incubators. The air sacs are also saddle-shaped but i am encouraged with the prospect of even 2 eggs hatching normally.

Thanks for the post. I have the same problem with 4 shipped eggs at day 13, i actually had 2 dozens but all but 4 were ruined due to my ignorance with incubators. The air sacs are also saddle-shaped but i am encouraged with the prospect of even 2 eggs hatching normally.
I had 11 hatch of the 19 and all were really bad air cells. I chick wasn't growing and died at 1 week but the rest are thriving. So I learned it may look bad but nature can prevail!! :) Great luck to you.

Back
Top Bottom