Day 17 for my SSH-however,

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Mom 2em All, Aug 25, 2008.

1. Mom 2em All

Mom 2em All Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2008
    Southeast Michigan
    Temps spiked to 106.7 for an unkown amount of time a couple days ago. Had a couple 104 degree spikes too. So, I am expecting nothing- and anything that hatches will be a surprise. I tried to candle but my light is crappy- and now my turner is making weird noises ( i think I overworked it this summer).

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    [​IMG] I sure hope some have managed to make it!

3. chickenfanatic

chickenfanatic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2008
    deming new mexico
    something similar happened to a friend of mine recently and they had a 50 percent hatch still so u never know. what kind of bator are u using. if your turner is going out u may want to replace the motor instead of buying a whole new turner. just a though its much cheaper and they are easy to install. well good luck i hope u get something to pip sending good vibes ur way. and keeping fingers crossed for you [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    Sending good hatching vibes your way [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. luvzmybabz

luvzmybabz Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2007
    where do you get a motor for a turner I used mine for 2 hatches and it went out on the 3th. I would love to hatch again but my brain refuses to remember to turn eggs like I should.

6. thepetpaw

thepetpaw Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2008
    Tennessee
    Good luck to you - today is day 17 for me also!!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by