What i thought was a pip wasn’t, I think i just got excited and started seeing things My temp has been 99.8-100.4 throughout entire process. I have read that still air incubators should have a higher temp like 101-102 so maybe that’s why? I’m using a little giant still air
Yep, cooler temps can make for longer incubation.

Did you have a tested/calibrated thermometer?
https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...incubator-thermometers-and-hygrometers.73634/https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...incubator-thermometers-and-hygrometers.73634/

What i thought was a pip wasn’t, I think i just got excited and started seeing things My temp has been 99.8-100.4 throughout entire process. I have read that still air incubators should have a higher temp like 101-102 so maybe that’s why? I’m using a little giant still air

Oh wow, yep definitely give them a couple extra days. :fl

Well day 22, no internal pips but the air cells are drawn back more than they were. Starting to lose hope and might just have to come to terms with the fact that this hatch isn't going to happen. Thank you everyone for the support, advice, and stories that you shared over the last 4 days. I am not sure I will try incubating again as it is too heartbreaking to put in so much work and excitement only for heartache at the end. I hope this can help someone else not make the same mistake that I did...

Well day 22, no internal pips but the air cells are drawn back more than they were. Starting to lose hope and might just have to come to terms with the fact that this hatch isn't going to happen. Thank you everyone for the support, advice, and stories that you shared over the last 4 days. I am not sure I will try incubating again as it is too heartbreaking to put in so much work and excitement only for heartache at the end. I hope this can help someone else not make the same mistake that I did...

Don’t give up yet! Since your temps were low, and humidity was high, you may have some losses, but I still expect some to make it. Especially if the air cells are drawing down.
And you came this far, you have to try again!! Look how much you learned. Would be a shame to give up now. :hugs

Don’t give up yet! Since your temps were low, and humidity was high, you may have some losses, but I still expect some to make it. Especially if the air cells are drawing down.
And you came this far, you have to try again!! Look how much you learned. Would be a shame to give up now. :hugs

Thank you for all of your kind words :hugs

Back
Top Bottom