Day 20 egg and no pip yet..?

I'm so nervous! Can you tell this is my first hatch? Lol! The temperature in my incubator has been around 99-101 the whole time. The humidity for days 1-17 had been around 35-40% and lockdown so far has been 58-60%. Day 19 started at around 7:00 P.M. today. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
I'm so nervous! Can you tell this is my first hatch? Lol! The temperature in my incubator has been around 99-101 the whole time. The humidity for days 1-17 had been around 35-40% and lockdown so far has been 58-60%. Day 19 started at around 7:00 P.M. today. Any thoughts?

Sounds good to me! Try pulling the humidity up a tiny lil bit more though. And good luck!! How many eggs do you have in lockdown? :)

The water pans are full, so I can't add any water into them. Should I put a sponge in there? I don't want to open the bator though.......... I can plug both of my vent pluggers back in because I have a few more tiny vent holes. I put 14 eggs in the bator in the beginning, one had a blood ring (we cracked it open and there was a little dead embryo) and 4 more didn't start growing, so I have 9 in there. On day 17 I saw movement in all 9 of them. Yesterday on day 18, I could barely see anything in them because they're so huge! I saw movement in 2 out of 3 that I checked.

The water pans are full, so I can't add any water into them. Should I put a sponge in there? I don't want to open the bator though.......... I can plug both of my vent pluggers back in because I have a few more tiny vent holes. I put 14 eggs in the bator in the beginning, one had a blood ring (we cracked it open and there was a little dead embryo) and 4 more didn't start growing, so I have 9 in there. On day 17 I saw movement in all 9 of them. Yesterday on day 18, I could barely see anything in them because they're so huge! I saw movement in 2 out of 3 that I checked.

Well just keep an eye on the humidity. If there are no external pips, you could put in a sponge if you want. But you have an ok humidity now. Good luck with your hatch! What kind of chickens?

So should I plug the vent holes up? When I plugged one up (it's unplugged now) the humidity rose, but I'm worried that there won't be enough oxygen in the bator if I plug them..............

So should I plug the vent holes up? When I plugged one up (it's unplugged now) the humidity rose, but I'm worried that there won't be enough oxygen in the bator if I plug them..............

They need oxygen. I think your humidity is pretty good right now, so don't plug them

Update on my incubation (day 20):
3 external pips, 1 internal pip. 2 silkies and 1 FCM with external pip, 1 FCM with internal pip.
Temp: about 100 F
Humidity: 70%

Back
Top Bottom