Day 25. Help!

Thank you Apriljc. The one I bought is very similar to an LG. We added a fan to it. It is only day 3, but it looks like all 6 silkie eggs are fertile. There are also 6 maran eggs, and 6 polish fizzles.

i have 5 silkies under another broody. been there just over a week. sorry about your chick. how's the other one doing?

such a shame when they don't make it
sad.png

xx esther

I love silkies! Good luck with them.

The last chick is just about hanging on. Still in the shell with membranes. Not such a great first time go. Thanks for your support Esther xxx

By some absolute miracle, the other chick is still alive. By another miracle, I have actually been doing exactly what it tells me to do in that link!! It is by far not out of the woods yet, but it is cheeping more often,

another tip if the yolk is not fully absorbed the biggest problem is they get bacteria in the yolk and that is most often what kills them when that happens to me I put a slice or two of onions in the incubator close to the egg but not so close that it burns eyes but onion is a natural bacteria absorber and I've always had good luck with it

I hope someone sees this.

My little chick is still alive. It is very very week. I have hatched it completely. At this moment it is lying in the incubator. I have gone really slow with it. It has no yolk sac left, but I have been giving it sugared water. Should I feed it? I have hand chick rearing food here as well as chick crumb.

Any help is much appreciated.

I wonder if digesting solid food would be a lot of stress for it? On another thread, someone suggested adding molasses to the water--just enough to barely tinge the water with color. They sad the minerals and vitamins in molasses are good for the chick. I imagine what the poor thing also needs is rest...

Back
Top Bottom