Day 25

Bigrooster1

In the Brooder
Feb 8, 2023
It is the 25th day now. I have 8 eggs. 3 hatched on the 21-22 day. Is it over or what should I do with the other 5 eggs that haven’t pipped? I candled before the lock down period and everything seemed alright yet.

Any eggs that haven't hatched on day 21 or within a day ( rarely, but maybe two days ) after day 21, then they're most likely not going to hatch. That is, unless you put them in the incubator on different days. You can candle again to make sure. If any are still alive, let them be. If any are not, you can throw them out, bury them... Whatever you feel is appropriate.

Any eggs that haven't hatched on day 21 or within a day ( rarely, but maybe two days ) after day 21, then they're most likely not going to hatch. That is, unless you put them in the incubator on different days. You can candle again to make sure. If any are still alive, let them be. If any are not, you can throw them out, bury them... Whatever you feel is appropriate.
Ok so i candled them. I had the lid open for about 1 min or 2. The last egg I checked, I realized it had pipped. The beak was starting to poke through. Now I’m worried about whether I had it out of the incubator too long. What do you think?

Ok so i candled them. I had the lid open for about 1 min or 2. The last egg I checked, I realized it had pipped. The beak was starting to poke through. Now I’m worried about whether I had it out of the incubator too long. What do you think?
It is fine to have it open for that amount of time. A broody will get off the nest to eat, drink and poop. They don't go into lockdown

It is fine to have it open for that amount of time. A broody will get off the nest to eat, drink and poop. They don't go into lockdown
Very true. I’m new to it all so I’m still learning. I’ve just read about the shrink wrapping and the membrane drying out and all that.

Very true. I’m new to it all so I’m still learning. I’ve just read about the shrink wrapping and the membrane drying out and all that.
I open my incubator after a pip and haven't had a problem. Others will say not to open it at all.. congrats on your first hatch. They are all really nerve wracking..... Lol

Back
Top Bottom