Day 8 candled eggs. *PICS* NOW DAY 19!!

I am on day 19 with my eggs I was wondering can I candle them tonight or should they not be moved? I didn't know if you should after you stop turning them.

Last edited:
Stop turning on day 18!
Its ok to make sure now though that they stop turning, they have to now get into there position to hatch!!!

Good luck!!!

Hullo folks,
My eggs don't stay in the nest for six days, but am finding almost chicks in them for the first time nowadays. Maybe the broody hen, Ariana, is hiding the eggs under the shavings...

I am sad for her as the rooster is her brother and he does not mate with her. The two of them take the highest shelf, the Ameracaunas take the next one down. She is crazy to have a chick, so I am letting her try but the eggs she picks never work out.

The rooster has battered the hens he does mount, pulling out their feathers so they have 4 inch square areas that are naked on their backs, their necks are also pulled bare, and they are like battered people--kind of lost and dazed.

I finally am trying to keep him away from them, which means leaving him outside the coop which has some danger from feral cats hereabouts, but I cannot bear to see the damage he wreaks. For the previous ten years, I only had hens and they were all plump and gorgeous; these hens are a scrawny, miserable looking lot. Exept for his sister and another Ameracauna who apparently avoids him.

Any ideas on any of this? Thanks, Sanguine's Mom

Back
Top Bottom