Day 8 - Cayuga Eggs - Seen MOVEMENT!!

kcollins

In the Brooder
9 Years
May 6, 2010
Southeastern Michigan
Is this normal? I read you weren't supposed to see movement until around day 12. 3 of 6 were squirming around while candling tonight.
big_smile.png
This is my first incubator hatch and I can't believe how giddy I am about them! LOL

Completely normal.
I can see the heart beat at day 4, I have some on day 8 right now too...and they arent moving around the egg so much yet- But you sure can see them in the middle middle of the network of veins they kind of move their little tails around a bit. My biggest embryo is already nearly a centimetre long already!! I can clearly see the eye - aas its the black dot up one end- they sure do grow out of proportion to begin with.

Good luck with your eggs..

Thanks! I was so geeked to know I have at least 3 alive ones. I have been having such a hard time with my incubator keeping a regulated temp for some reason. It is a miracle they have made it this far.
Good luck with your eggs as well.
smile.png

I have been running mine almost constanly since August last year - I had a few issues in the beginning- but have prety much tweeked things to how I think works best. There are so many variables - but sometimes when you least expect it...An egg you think has died- pips and you remember that all the stress and worry really is worth it.

Back
Top Bottom