Day 9 - sticky "sap" on eggs?

Perfect. Thanks so much, everyone! My boyfriend laughed at me when I was frantically trying to find a chicken forum. Jokes on him! It's so nice to know that there's such a knowledgable support group out there!

I candled today...the 3rd one in question I think I can see veins! I have brown eggs so I am having a tough time being a newbie, but I think a vein is a vein. Hoping for a good one :)

I was off by 2 days in the panic - I'm on day 12 now. How much movement do you typically see in the eggs at this age?

Here are some pictures. Any thoughts??

Okay! That was my 3rd questionable one from a few angles. The 2nd one still has the floating yolk. Is there a particular way to tell if they've died when they're this far along? Or is that something that hatch day will tell us? I'm so paranoid :)

If the actual chick/shadow moves that is a good suggestion that the chick is dead but u can wait till lockdown and candle it then to make sure that it hasn't forming.

Okay! So if I'm not seeing movement that isn't necessarily a bad thing? A few were really active on Thursday but haven't seen much moving around the last 2 days.

Yea, if u turn the egg and the shadow floats to the top each time that usually means it is dead so yes it might be fine

Back
Top Bottom