Daylight savings time STINKS!!!

I work for a living so I LOVE DST and wish it was all year. I'd rather have some daylight time in the evening, after work, in the winter months to deal with my livestock and also plow the many feet of snow which accumulates here each winter (12 feet on average). Now, with the time change, it is dusk at 1630 hrs (4:30 pm) and my birds are on the roost except for the ducks. Come December, it will be dark by 1600 here, now that is freaking depressing! I get in to work at 0530 and out of work at 1600 hrs! So it is always dark! I am taking 2000 IU of Vitamin-D every day now to try and beat winter blues.

BTW- are any of you digging the full moon tonight? <--- the only good thing about long nights, big bright moons!
smile.png

Well, I hate winter. Period. Due to the lack of sunlight... and even though we aren't there yet, the past few days have been so cloudy here that it has felt like winter. DST and Standard time.... eh, it'll take a few days to adjust to it, but we will, we always do.
wink.png

LOL at Katy for trying her best to get the point across! Keep trying, maybe it'll sink in.
lol.png

Robin'sBrood :

Well, I hate winter. Period. Due to the lack of sunlight... and even though we aren't there yet, the past few days have been so cloudy here that it has felt like winter. DST and Standard time.... eh, it'll take a few days to adjust to it, but we will, we always do.
wink.png

LOL at Katy for trying her best to get the point across! Keep trying, maybe it'll sink in.
lol.png

I think I'm gonna give up
th.gif

Quote:
What I should have said was... I hate the actual change from DST to standard time when I am working... As a 12 hour shift turns into a 13 hour shift.

Quote:
Sounds like a plan to me
big_smile.png

Personally, I hate switching back in the fall, and having it dark at 4:30-5:30 in the afternoon. That's just too darn early for dark.

Quote:
The moon is GORGEOUS!!!!

I worked like a dog trying to get all my "stuff" done before it got dark tonight..I usually get home around 4pm..its all I can do to get my outside chores finished.

Quote:
The moon is GORGEOUS!!!!

I worked like a dog trying to get all my "stuff" done before it got dark tonight..I usually get home around 4pm..its all I can do to get my outside chores finished.

I barely get my son off the bus before it's getting dark
hmm.png
I really hate the shorter days. I don't care how much sun there is in the morning, I don't feed anyone (animal-wise) until at least 9 am, it's just too cold!! I'd much rather have my light at the end of the day
sad.png

ETA: But if we didn't change the clocks constantly, we would get used to it. It wouldn't be such a shock to have darkness an hour earlier.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom