DBF out of state--UPDATE! HE'S HOME!!!

Quote:
woot.gif
I am glad you finally get to see him again!

FEMA is closing their "claim date" in 2 weeks, so he'll probably be home a week or 2 after that.

He said he talked to his daughter on the phone today and sounded somewhat sad when he called to say goodnight to me. I asked what was wrong and he said, "Just miss being home."

He has kicked around the idea of becoming a farrier but it may now have to come to fruition whether or not he likes it. Just found out my farrier (who is only a few years older than me) is retiring and needs back surgery soon. A friend of his will come by once every 2 months but I think DBF will probably be able to pick up some clients (at the very least ME!!) if he does learn it.

ETA Arrow was sold a few weeks ago, so not sure if he'll be able to go riding much this winter.

Last edited:
Parsippany, although I kept mistyping it in directions as "Parsnip-pany" must have garden on the brain. Well, it IS the Garden State.

DBF kept calling it "Persnickety"

Quote:
Great Advice!!!! It is not a negative thing to seek council from someone that has the education and experience to help you with both your grief and anxiety.

I almost feel bad to saying anything here, because I have DH that is gone typically Monday through Friday. But their plenty of times when he is gone for weeks at a time. I know he out there and he is faithful to me. So I make a point to stay positive, and as busy as I can handle. There have been a few scares over the years. I had to call 911 once because I was super sick and nobody was nearby that could help me. But I know those times are rare. DH and I have been married for almost 29 years now, and he has been traveling for work for the last 15 years. So I know that somehow there is a way to make things work, if you can work out away for your special relationship.

Everyone's one ability to cope with the world around them is as unique as they themselves are. But when life throws a person a major curve ball, it maybe time to seek help from someone that is better qualified for the task.

OCH, YE GODS!!!!!

Sourland sure wasn't kidding about crazy-aggressive New Jersey drivers!!!!

The speed limit near Parsippany on I-80 was 55mph, but do you think anyone was actually going at that speed?!?!

Heck no! I was about run off the road doing 60, when I got up to 70, people quit honking and shaking fists at me but semi-trucks were still tail-gating and drivers of every vehicle were swerving around me doing at least 80!

I will NEVER complain about Ann Arbor traffic again.

Anyhoo,

It was great to see him again. He'll hopefully be home soon as work is slowing down. Also made me realize how bored and lonely he is (in the past few weeks he's been calling 4-5 times a day, especially on weekends when he knows I'm home). He took me out to dinner Sunday night and during dinner he took my hand and thanked me for coming out, saying he really needed to see me and my visit was making his time away easier to bear.

Looking forward to when he comes home for real now.

thumbsup.gif
My cousins live there and boy, do they ever speed! They got here for a family reunion from Delaware to Illinois in 12 hours. I asked them how they did it, they said they "floored" it all the way out here. And the cops didn't even bother to stop them!

Glad you are baack! And hopefully your SO will come back sooner than you think!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom