dd walked in her apartement Update: post 1

She needs to understand that she should have never entered the apartment if she saw a key in her lock. She should have called the police first. What if it hadn't been the maintenance guy.

she knows that now... I will be staying with her during the days... she is terrified now. the lease office acts like the man was doing nothing wrong by sitting on her couch watching her big screen tv. she is looking for her lease. its somewhere among all the baby stuff.

Glad someone mentioned the cameras, not to freak her out more, but you really never know! If her gut tells her she is creeped out her gut is right. That is just wrong. I would have someone there during the day when she leaves to see if this creep comes back then catch him red handed! I hope the lease tells her there should be a notice.
What the heck did she say to the guy when she caught him in there? I would have went freaky on his behind!

Quote:
Keep in mind regardless of what her lease says it may still be against the law. I print out my own leases from the inter-net. What I am saying is, just because her landlords use a particular lease does not mean it meets state requirements. She should call your family lawyer. if you don't have one you can ask the police department, although they may not know they can help her find out.

Last edited:
she feels like he invaded her space... and doesnt want to be alone there... her boy freind and the roommate are going to the leasing office in the morning. she wont come stay at my house because she wants to be closer to the baby...

Quote:
My heart goes out to her, it sounds like she has plenty of other things to worry about
hugs.gif

C-R-E-E-P-Y!!!!

Landlords always gave us 24 to a week's notice of his arrival because he was almost two hours away when we lived on the farm. He was not the greatest landlord but lets us have the animals LOL!

Other than that, get the h---- out of there!

I say treat it lime breaking and entering. I would have her make out a police report, whether they say nothing can be done or not. This way she has somewhere documented that he was there unannounced watching her television. Don't know.whether the office will admit fault but I would bet if they k.ow anything about loss control they ain't admit to anything. I would bet if you poked up.state laws you will.see that they have to provide notice. I have yet to see a state that allows otherwise. If you find that to be the case, that it isn't allowed, I would even place a few calls to a lawyer. Offices listen when you bring up things like attorneys. Just what I would do. Seems I would loom up whatever possible to ensure her safety and to get them on the ball. If it happened to her t is probably happening to others in the apartments as well. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom