Dead chicken- please help

MyTMo

In the Brooder
5 Years
Oct 22, 2014
Novato, CA
Hi, my less then one year old light brahma died this am. I went and fed them their breakfast and she seemed fine. 10 minutes later I came back and she was dead in the corner. No marks no blood just on her side dead. I am very nervous because I have no idea, there were no signs of disease or problems. I have heard of getting an autopsy perormed to find out why. Has any one else done this? I am in Northern California, where would I send her to have this performed. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
One sad chicken momma

I don't have any answers... only my deepest sympathies. We lost our 7 week old white orpington yesterday. I went to let them out of the coop and noticed blood. Her vent was a mess... I ended up having her euthanized. :( We also have a light brahma and she is our favorite. So pretty and sweet. I hope you get some answers... the unknown hurts the worst. ((hugs))

So sorry for your loss. You can contact an Avian veterinarian in your area and they can give you information on how to get a necropsy performed. Usually, in this type of situation the state agricultural lab may be able to help you.

I don't have any answers... only my deepest sympathies.  We lost our 7 week old white orpington yesterday.  I went to let them out of the coop and noticed blood.  Her vent was a mess... I ended up having her euthanized.  :(  We also have a light brahma and she is our favorite.  So pretty and sweet.  I hope you get some answers... the unknown hurts the worst.  ((hugs))

Thanks for you words. I was able to get the info for a local agency that can help me. It makes me sad that she will have to be cut open but I really want to know if I have a problem in my flock.

Back
Top Bottom