Dear Mods and Administration.....

seminolewind

Flock Mistress
Premium Feather Member
15 Years
Sep 6, 2007
Corydon, Indiana
Hi. I was wondering if there was a way to sticky a thread to post on for site or site user problems , and perhaps a list a volunteers that are more computer educated to sortof "mod" or "hover" over it, and try to help people.

I think it's confusing out there to :

not know where to post a problem
not know a guess from an educated suggestion
easier to get educated help from only volunteering savvy computer people
Possibly making those volunteers the only ones approved to answer or help
If you want to help, you may have to sign up to be a volunteer.

It may make alot of people alot more comfortable to know where to go and get help from a person with computer knowledge, and know that their problem with have follow through.

Karen

Yup we are discussing it.

The hard part is to
1) get someone to do it
2) get someone to do it without the thread turning into a litany of complaints as has been seen.

We are discussing an option that may or may not work. Being a holiday weekend, not many tech peeps are around.

We may end up doing something similar to this
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/620276/bst-discussion

But with a skeleton crew today and tomorrow, it might be a few days.

Thanks, it is a GREAT suggestion!

Yes like one of those technical support phone lines LOL . (Only you wouldn't have to be on hold.)
woot.gif

Last edited:
I'm not sure I follow this. I know it's hard to organize this many people - which is why it helps to keep it all in the right section of the forum....i.e. the forum feedback and announcements section.

Otherwise - do you guys feel that there are a lot of people posting misguided advice? I haven't really seen any of that myself. Also - if someone posts "I don't know how to answer this but maybe this will help..." or "I have the same question...." It's just getting your post back up to the top where more people would see it anyway.

Either way - there are a few people you may see answering questions who may be a little better at it than others.... but aren't the more people helping the better?

I'm not sure I follow this. I know it's hard to organize this many people - which is why it helps to keep it all in the right section of the forum....i.e. the forum feedback and announcements section.

Otherwise - do you guys feel that there are a lot of people posting misguided advice? I haven't really seen any of that myself. Also - if someone posts "I don't know how to answer this but maybe this will help..." or "I have the same question...." It's just getting your post back up to the top where more people would see it anyway.

Either way - there are a few people you may see answering questions who may be a little better at it than others.... but aren't the more people helping the better?

Not actually misguided. I think that a person that's having a problem might feel less lost and confused if their post is answered by a computer savvy person, and not filled with posts that take away focus from their question. Then their problem doesn't get addressed. I would just like to see a person that posts a problem remains the focus of their post.

I guess there's no perfect way to get thru this. And others may have some good ideas.

The problem is that one person will post the same question in three different threads and it only gets answered in one. If we delete the other two we are accused of censoring. If we don't find the other copies we are ignoring people.

The next issue has been telling people how to get to something and then having others come in saying they don't like it that way and the answers get lost.

This is a battle we are losing out there and may have to start cleaning or deleting threads and routing people to one place.

The problem is that one person will post the same question in three different threads and it only gets answered in one. If we delete the other two we are accused of censoring. If we don't find the other copies we are ignoring people.

The next issue has been telling people how to get to something and then having others come in saying they don't like it that way and the answers get lost.

This is a battle we are losing out there and may have to start cleaning or deleting threads and routing people to one place.
AMEN!

I have TWO technical posts saved that I am still trying to go through to figure out how to put things into my signature and how to post a classified add. I'm old and stupid but I'm hoping I'll figure it out eventually.

Back
Top Bottom