DEATH IS ALL AROUND ME-NO LONGER CAN SWAP OR TRADE UPDATE!!

Willow, I can only say I am so sorry for your loss. I hope that you get whatever that was that killed them. I am thinking weasel, and yes I have heard they can kill that many. They are gultens! Know that we all just got a reality check as well on this. I would have been devastated if something like that happened here.
Again sorry and hope your Roo man makes it.
Karen

Dear Willow, your words made me cry too, a while ago I had lost my silkies to a hawk and an oppossum, I can truly empathise. There are not enough words to console you ,just hang in there, we are all with you, if you need any help just let me know please. I will shortly have some chicks, I can give those to you.
They all were so beautiful and so well taken care of, you are a great mom, all my prayers are for you and the "veteran roo", may God give you both strength (Amin).

Justusnak, can you tell me more about trapping the #@$&*&*%$ weasel? Ihave 2 live traps-1 is for raccoons and the is about 2 sizes smaller. The only ways I know about are 1. shoot it or 2. trap it with a leg hold. I have nothing against trapping but really can't take chance that something else will get caught in it.

I really want to thank all of you for your well wishes. I still have my RIR's and my OEGB's. The OEGB's are in the same kind of pens as the others so I will be working on them later today. My RIR's run loose around the farm. I guess the weasel got "full" and left before he went down the other side. Thankfully!

*Oh, Willow!! I can't even imagine such a devastating thing. I am so very sorry this has happened. Take care of your roo and I hope you get those varmits, too!!!

willow.
enough people have said they are sorry to hear of your loss and all that, so I am not going to. I am going to say three things.
1) if you do set the leghold trap and catch something besides a weasel, kill it. whether it is a cat or a dog or a coon, fill in the blank. anything that eats meat and lives near your house (within a reasonable distance, say 75 or 100 miles) needs to die. that is the only way you can keep birds.
2) make your pens rat-proof. if it is rat=proof, you wont have to worry about anything else getting them
3) if you want some nice phoenix eggs and will pay for shipping and handling I will send you some nice stuff from here.
these are not run-of-the-mill birds either.

better luck next time

I am so sorry to hear this. Sorry for your loss.
hit.gif

Sorry about your loss willow. Your live traps will NOT catch that weasel, if that's what you've got. They can wiggle right out of one of those. You definitely need a leghold trap. Remove ALL the birds from that area, then bait the leghold with one of your dead birds. Also, set the other livetraps with dead birds. You never know what you might catch. If you've got coons or skunks or something, they often make "rounds" on a circuit. Right now, I have a skunk on a 3 day circuit. His stink wakes me up. You might want to contact a professional trapper. They are listed in the phone book, or you might look online. You could also consider poisoning the body of your bait, although that can be dangerous. Remember, a leghold trap won't kill the animal usually. You'll have to do that. Do you know how the killer got in?

Back
Top Bottom