Deep Fried Hamburger Patties

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by BettyR, Aug 10, 2013.

1. BettyR

BettyR Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2008
    Texas Gulf Coast
    I was watching Dinners Drive-ins and Dives on the food channel and I saw this dude deep frying hamburger patties so I decided to give it a try. OMG it was sooooo good. It was like a really nice chicken fried steak but cheaper and easier.

You take a good quality frozen, pre-formed one third pound hamburger patty. Something good like a 100% Angus patty and keep it frozen.

I made 5 patties to feed my family, there was no real recipe the guy just dumped stuff in. So I was just guessing on amounts.

2 cups of AP flour well seasoned
    1 cup of Self Rising flour
    Water

Mix enough water with the self rising flour to get a batter about like pancake batter

Quickly run the FROZEN hamburger patty under running water so the flour will stick to it---

Dip the frozen hamburger patty in the seasoned AP flour----

Then dip it in the batter that you made-----

Then dip it back into the seasoned flour pressing the flour down into the batter----

Drop the patty into hot oil (365 degrees) and fry 7 minutes, flip it over and fry it for another 7 minutes.

Make some cream gravy to go on it and you will not believe how good it is.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2013
  2. bigmike&nan

bigmike&nan Chillin' With My Peeps

Wow BettyR that does sound good. I have just the patties, from Sam's Club, 1/3 pound frozen angus beef patties. Ooooh !! I love me a chicken fried steak with cream gravy. You're killing me (and any diet I had plane) but this is a KEEPER !!

Mike

3. BettyR

Mar 1, 2008
    Texas Gulf Coast
    Yeah, that's what I used and it turned out great. If you try it let me know what you think. We love chicken fried steak but I hate paying the $4+ per pound for cubed steak and the whole family loved these patties. I cheated on the gravy and used a packet of Pioneer Pepper Gravy mix. We love that stuff.

4. Jessica Lynn

Jessica Lynn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2013
    CC, Texas
    How did I know you were from Texas without even looking? LOL, I think we deep fry everything in this state!

Last edited: Aug 17, 2013
  5. BettyR

Mar 1, 2008
    Texas Gulf Coast
    LOL, yeah pretty much.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by