Solved Delete a post ?

You can use the report button on posts to request an edit or deletion. Staff can then review the posts or threads and if needed or warranted take action. Alternatively becoming a Premium Feather Member will allow you to edit your posts for longer and also support BYC. More info on PFM can be found here ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/byc-premium-feather-membership-upgrade-pfm.47730/
PFM’s can also be won in the contest section ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/forums/sponsored-content-contests-and-giveaways.15879/

One quick additional note: in general we try to avoid deleting threads. We've found that it isn't fair to all those that participated in the thread to have their content removed.
Um, I've seen entire threads get deleted when one bad argument breaks out. Then everyone loses everything for one little spat.

In general, and this isn't meant to question authority, what are the reasons behind deleting a thread?

Um, I've seen entire threads get deleted when one bad argument breaks out. Then everyone loses everything for one little spat.
It's extremely rare that we permanently delete entire threads, especially ones that are on-topic to raising chickens / overall helpful. There are times that our team will remove threads from public view that actively have a lot of rule-breaking behavior, and we have to basically "pause" the flood of activity while our amazing team deals with the posts, cleans things up, reminds members of our rules, etc. before putting the thread back publicly.

In general, and this isn't meant to question authority, what are the reasons behind deleting a thread?
It's really at the digression of our entire diverse team's perspective, but in the relatively rare cases where we remove threads, it's when they are off-topic and the net-pros provided to the community (and internet in general) is outweighed by the net cons.

For example: Someone starts a political thread that quickly goes south, full of arguments, hurt feelings, drama, etc. and then results in dozens of reports. Our team will frequently permanently remove these threads from the forum.

It's extremely rare that we permanently delete entire threads, especially ones that are on-topic to raising chickens / overall helpful. There are times that our team will remove threads from public view that actively have a lot of rule-breaking behavior, and we have to basically "pause" the flood of activity while our amazing team deals with the posts, cleans things up, reminds members of our rules, etc. before putting the thread back publicly.

It's really at the digression of our entire diverse team's perspective, but in the relatively rare cases where we remove threads, it's when they are off-topic and the net-pros provided to the community (and internet in general) is outweighed by the net cons.

For example: Someone starts a political thread that quickly goes south, full of arguments, hurt feelings, drama, etc. and then results in dozens of reports. Our team will frequently permanently remove these threads from the forum.
Got it. Thanks

I just sent you an email. I hope I can be that rare case. haha as I had a bit of word vomit while pregnant in the middle of the night upset...and it turns out I was upset for no reason and the rooster is fine. There wasn't anything helpful in the thread either, and other comments confirm just that. The rooster is fine and came out an hour after his regular time but I really regret posting it because I didn't expect some of the responses I got, I am pregnant and I overreacted... and it is really upsetting me some of the comments... :( There was maybe one useful response that actually answered the question I was asking.

Back
Top Bottom