Denagard Dosage

Pics
I have read everything on here about the liquid 12.5% denagard however I have a question? I need to treat over 100 birds from weights as little as 0.45 kg to 5.45 kg. With that being said I have ordered the premix What I am trying to rack my brain with is dosage. I go through 45.45 kg of feed every 5 days. How much denagard 10% premix do I use? It should not be much because in swine it is 9.09 kg of feed per ton of feed equaling 8 oz medicated feed per 22.73 kg bag of regular feed for swine.
What I would like to know is a simple formula of how much premix to add to a 50 lb bag of feed that will last me 2.5 days on the higher end of the ppm

oh and let me add that this is the Denagard 10 Type B medicated feed at 10g/lbs

http://www.noahcompendium.co.uk/?id=-451160

Chickens (broiler, replacement pullet, laying and breeding hens)
Treatment and prevention of chronic respiratory disease (CRD) caused by M. gallisepticum and airsacculitis and infectious synovitis caused by M. synoviae.
Dosage - Treatment and prevention: 25 mg tiamulin hydrogen fumarate/kg bodyweight daily administered for the period of 3 to 5 consecutive days. This is normally achieved by an inclusion level of 250-500 ppm tiamulin hydrogen fumarate in finished feed provided that feed intake is unaffected. Inclusion levels in the higher range will in most cases be needed to avoid underdosing. In fast growing birds, e.g. broiler chickens during the first 2-4 weeks of life, inclusion levels in the lower range may be sufficient.
Amount of THF (mg/g) per premix formulation

Amount of premix formulation per one tonne of feed

2.5 - 5.0 kg
@Sydney Acres , help!

-Kathy

I have read everything on here about the liquid 12.5% denagard however I have a question? I need to treat over 100 birds from weights as little as 0.45 kg to 5.45 kg. With that being said I have ordered the premix What I am trying to rack my brain with is dosage. I go through 45.45 kg of feed every 5 days. How much denagard 10% premix do I use? It should not be much because in swine it is 9.09 kg of feed per ton of feed equaling 8 oz medicated feed per 22.73 kg bag of regular feed for swine.
What I would like to know is a simple formula of how much premix to add to a 50 lb bag of feed that will last me 2.5 days on the higher end of the ppm

oh and let me add that this is the Denagard 10 Type B medicated feed at 10g/lbs

http://www.noahcompendium.co.uk/?id=-451160

Chickens (broiler, replacement pullet, laying and breeding hens)
Treatment and prevention of chronic respiratory disease (CRD) caused by M. gallisepticum and airsacculitis and infectious synovitis caused by M. synoviae.
Dosage - Treatment and prevention: 25 mg tiamulin hydrogen fumarate/kg bodyweight daily administered for the period of 3 to 5 consecutive days. This is normally achieved by an inclusion level of 250-500 ppm tiamulin hydrogen fumarate in finished feed provided that feed intake is unaffected. Inclusion levels in the higher range will in most cases be needed to avoid underdosing. In fast growing birds, e.g. broiler chickens during the first 2-4 weeks of life, inclusion levels in the lower range may be sufficient.
Amount of THF (mg/g) per premix formulation

Amount of premix formulation per one tonne of feed

2.5 - 5.0 kg

I have some concerns about whether this product will distribute adequately in chicken feed, and whether or not all birds will eat it adequately, with no one underdosing and no one overdosing.

I think there may be a misprint somewhere along the line in the above information. When I use the above information, I end up with a completely unreasonable recommendation of 57 - 113 pounds of Denagard feed per 50 pound bag of regular food. When I use calculations from other sources, I get a much more reasonable amount of 0.57 - 1.13 pounds of Denagard feed per 50 pound bag of regular food, with the low end being similar to the swine dosage. I don't know that either is right, but that's what I came up with. Use at your own risk! Again, even if the math is right, I'm not sure that this is the ideal formulation to use in this species. Adding the medication to the water has a long history of success. I don't think that the Denagard B feed that you have is the same formulation that is used in the above recommendation by noahcompanion. I think they are using this:

https://www.drugs.com/vet/denagard-10-gf-premix-can.html

I tried to get more information from the Elanco website, but I find their website thoroughly frustrating and just gave up. Sorry.

Wow, things have changed since I began using, or rather trying to use Denegard! Tubing wasn't an option and I've never seen the feed mix. Has anyone used the pre-mixed feed type with any success? Most my flock would rather die than drink the stuff regardless of what I've tried to mix in it.

Wow, things have changed since I began using, or rather trying to use Denegard! Tubing wasn't an option and I've never seen the feed mix. Has anyone used the pre-mixed feed type with any success? Most my flock would rather die than drink the stuff regardless of what I've tried to mix in it.
I haven't used either.

-Kathy

Great articles Kathy! Thanks for posting. I suppose at this point I may be dosing via crop feeding. It really is easy after I finally did it the first time. It's either that or lose all my birds. They will not drink it at all. Period. They did the fist batch I ever gave them, then set their minds to not touch it and even had to dip beaks in water to get them to drink again. Also tried using all medicated mush with lots of liquid, it worked a bit but not enough to get a full dose in all of them. Frustrating stuff............

Quote: If I ever use it I will tube it.
big_smile.png

-Kathy

Let me know if you need help tubing!

-Kathy

Tubing them was really easy. I had a hen that wasn't eating at all. I finally got my nerve up and just went for it. Sadly after several days I sent her in to the university. She had cancer throughout her body. It was a good experience in feeding though.
I guess with the Denegard, doing the math on the mls/ccs per bird will be my challenge. I could mix it with oatmeal baby cereal? How much do you think because I'm only doing this once a day, there are over 50 birds............

You would have got a kick out of my trying the first time. I had lights all over and getting seated just right so I could see well enough to be sure etc. I was shaking like a leaf!! She got to where she just expected me to feed her that way. Then #2 joined her and I got pretty relaxed with it. Relaxed enough to try giving them all the Denegard via tube..........it'll be quite an undertaking..........

Back
Top Bottom