Denagard Dosage

Thank you, but someone said it's better to shoot for 30 mg per kilo. Because it an expired bottle I want to give her a little more. Can I medicate her for 7 days instead of 5?
I think that it's pretty safe and even up to 50 mg/kg is probably okay too:

denagard dose_2.png

Source:
http://avianmedicine.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/09_therapeutic_agents.pdf

I think that it's pretty safe and even up to 50 mg/kg is probably okay too:

View attachment 1964006
Source:
http://avianmedicine.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/09_therapeutic_agents.pdf
That's a big room for error so hopefully she won't overdose by accident. The instructions say to continue treatment once a month for a year, do you know if for those months I would need to administer the treatment dose or the preventative dose? If I was able to get oxytetracyclin should I give her that instead for the upcoming months?

Denegard 12.5% Liquid dose:
For CRD treatment: 250 mg per litre drinking water [1/10 tsp (.55 cc) per average chicken] doses all ages at 25 mg/kg. Treat chicken for 3-5 days, or turkey for 5 days. Birds should show improvement in 1-2 days. Possibly continue treatment once/ month for a year.
Hello, do you know if I should give them the treatment dose or the preventative dose once a month for a year after the initial treatment dose? When I give them the monthly 3-5 day treatment cycle, do I start the next treatment cycle 30 days after the last day of the previous treatment cycle, or 30 days after the first day of the previous treatment cycle?

Hello all! It's my first post, though I've been reading the forums for a year and half now.

I'm creating this thread because we've been using Denagard for our flock at the dosage I've seen recommended here several times: 16 ml/gallon treatment, 8 ml/gallon preventative dosage. It has definitely worked, though we've had difficulty keeping our birds water consumption up with the horrid tasting Denagard. Sugar and juice concentrates abound!

This led me to do further research on the dosage and I found the Novartis "non-US" site which gives the amount 2 ml/liter treatment and 1 ml/liter preventative. By my math (with the help of Google), 1 gallon equals ~3.79 liters. That should be 3.79 ml/gallon preventative and 7.58 ml/gallon treatment, or rounding up, 4 & 8 ml respectively.

That is half what is frequently recommended! Am I making a glaring error here? That would explain why it tastes so bad.
Please chime in!

Here's the link:
http://www.ah.novartis.com/products/en/denagard_12sol_poultry.shtml

Dave
Do you use regular granulated sugar in the mix to make it taste better and if so how much

Hello all! It's my first post, though I've been reading the forums for a year and half now.

I'm creating this thread because we've been using Denagard for our flock at the dosage I've seen recommended here several times: 16 ml/gallon treatment, 8 ml/gallon preventative dosage. It has definitely worked, though we've had difficulty keeping our birds water consumption up with the horrid tasting Denagard. Sugar and juice concentrates abound!

This led me to do further research on the dosage and I found the Novartis "non-US" site which gives the amount 2 ml/liter treatment and 1 ml/liter preventative. By my math (with the help of Google), 1 gallon equals ~3.79 liters. That should be 3.79 ml/gallon preventative and 7.58 ml/gallon treatment, or rounding up, 4 & 8 ml respectively.

That is half what is frequently recommended! Am I making a glaring error here? That would explain why it tastes so bad.
Please chime in!

Here's the link:
http://www.ah.novartis.com/products/en/denagard_12sol_poultry.shtml

Dave
Can you read my post I dont not know what to do to help my chicken thanks

I had a necropsy on the first one that died and it ruled our Mareks and a couple other major diseases and had the second one affected tested and treated and he lived. I told them to test for everything. I then treated with amoxicillin for the entire flock per the Vet. That was probably in September. They did well until now the sneezing started. The Vet said that if they had a virus it would never leave their system and the entire flock would have the virus. I hope the Denagard works. A few were still sneezing today as I watched. The meds were stopped yesterday. As I mentioned one has diarrhea at this point. She is my sweetie and just started laying about 4 days ago. i will be giving her a bath after the probiotics kick in. So at this stage I am not sure the Denagard works. My Vet told me on the last bird that the antibiotics might work or not. They worked. He recovered.

Hey I was just curious of what you ended up doing. Mine are sneezing and has raspy breathing. I'm on day 5 of denagard and some are still sneezing

Hey I was just curious of what you ended up doing. Mine are sneezing and has raspy breathing. I'm on day 5 of denagard and some are still sneezing
Did you see any other symptoms, such as watery or bubbly eye, swelling of eyelids or face? Sneezing can sometimes be a virus, and Denagard only treats MG. Viruses can last a month or so.

Back
Top Bottom