Dented egg day 17

Pics
You will absolutely not be sorry.

I was just watching another video where some more prominent quail folks were talking about incubation and they both concurred that at the least, this unit is what they will use to calibrate the incubator.
Do you put it in one of the egg slots, or on top of the turner somewhere? I have the Nuture 360 from Manna Pro. Also, I set eggs earlier this morning, and it appears to be rotating them the same direction. Unless maybe it’s going to switch directions later and come back the other way. Surely it doesn’t keep turning them the same way throughout incubation?

Do you put it in one of the egg slots, or on top of the turner somewhere? I have the Nuture 360 from Manna Pro. Also, I set eggs earlier this morning, and it appears to be rotating them the same direction. Unless maybe it’s going to switch directions later and come back the other way. Surely it doesn’t keep turning them the same way throughout incubation?
I have the larger little giant thay vertically tilts the eggs so I am able to set it in the back. However, in the keebonix 12 egg I have, I do put it in an egg slot, but I put a piece of cardboard across the top so it sits flat because my egg slots are a little too small for it to sit right. It is light enough that it won't damage the machine.

You sacrifice an egg slot, which stinks - but you are increasing your overall chances of a good hatch so it is worth it.

My wife and I have 5 kids, I can confidently say that I get more nervous on hatch day than I did in the hospital for any of them!

There is an excellent article here on BYC about assisted hatching. Let me see if I can link it. Not that you'll need to help for any reason related to the crack, but i strongly encourage anyone to read it approaching hatch so you can be prepared for any situation.
Well spoken.👏

Updated babies. Azul became “Zulu.” Twister is the only one with clean legs. Still has a slight crook in the neck. Uno is getting a little brown on the wings. UNO’s mom is a cinnamon queen, Zulu’s mom is a gold laced blue Wyandotte, and Twisters mom is a Dominique. They were all covered by my BCM rooster.

Attachments

• IMG_3522.jpeg
    IMG_3522.jpeg
    719.7 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3517.jpeg
    IMG_3517.jpeg
    604.7 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3503.jpeg
    IMG_3503.jpeg
    593.6 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3508.jpeg
    IMG_3508.jpeg
    417 KB · Views: 1
I was doing my last turn over before lockdown, and dented one of the eggs pretty good. Nothing is leaking out. Should I leave it in there? I feel awful
How is this going? I would think the baby would be fine as long as your humidity was good and you kept it moist. They don’t pop out from there anyway. The area near the egg sac is still intact so it’s probably just fine even if it got dried out in that area. I am really curious to know if this baby made it! I’ve had babies make it through a lot more than this!
I was doing my last turn over before lockdown, and dented one of the eggs pretty good. Nothing is leaking out. Should I leave it in there? I feel awful

How is this going? I would think the baby would be fine as long as your humidity was good and you kept it moist. They don’t pop out from there anyway. The area near the egg sac is still intact so it’s probably just fine even if it got dried out in that area. I am really curious to know if this baby made it! I’ve had babies make it through a lot more than this!
Unfortunately, only 3 chicks of my 11 made it, even thought they were all moving before lockdown. I was using an incubator that a friend had gotten at an auction, and it had poor ventilation. The window steamed up during lockdown, and even though my dented egg baby was still moving after I dented it, I believe it suffocated before it could hatch. 😢 I checked the others that didn’t make it, and it looked like they internally pipped, but didn’t make it any farther. I have a new incubator now, and giving it another go.

That’s great I look forward to your journey ❤️
Hatch day is June 24th! I have BCM, Moss Eggers, and I wanted to see what my English Orpington covered by my Marans would look like. Oh and I threw in a couple more of my gold laced blue Wyandotte eggs. She was covered by my marans, and that’s where Zulu came from.

Back
Top Bottom