Derperella, the (weird) Faverolles, & Friends

My post isnt really derp related, but after reading I noticed everyone across the states is dealing with the weather in exactly the same way...Its funny, Im in Washington and a lot of Derp addicts(including Derp herself i think ) are literally across on the opposite coast. And yet we are all through looking at snow and winter and all (including or maybe especially the birds) are more than ready for sunny days again. What caught my attention was Nambroths accurate description of the frozen coop poo....I thought my coop was the only one suffering. it irks me because I'm type A or OCD or whatever you choose to call it and I usually get out to the coop daily and scoop at least the poo out then poop scoop the yard and re straw the run, but with the inclement weather my run looks like it ran. its in an inch of water...when it dries out I need to redo it so its absorbent..anywho just wanted to say that I am wishing for sun soon and Washingtons two weeks of summer....

Is this a contest
gig.gif
I pick Willow as a gentle companion for Baron.

Puddles is so very considerate to return to his security towel to sit back down. He is such an appreciative house guest - keeping chicken poop on the carpet to a minimum, entertaining everyone with the occasional melodic crow, and doing his best to get better.

By the way, KayTee, I thought I recognized the style of your lovely avatar. I took a closer look... yes, Jennifer's water colors and pen artwork. So Beautiful. I love the soulful eyes that let the chickens' individuality shine.

By the way, KayTee, I thought I recognized the style of your lovely avatar. I took a closer look... yes, Jennifer's water colors and pen artwork. So Beautiful. I love the soulful eyes that let the chickens' individuality shine.

Spot on Scratch'n'peck - they are three of the ACEO's that Jennifer offered online to help pay for the Baron's vet bills.

I ordered one to begin with, but then found that I couldn't decide which of my three original girls I wanted immortalised on paper, so I had to order another two!

I haven't received the originals yet - these are the copies that she emailed me. They are perfect renditions of my girls - showing their personalities so perfectly! Now I have to be patient for the US mail and 'La Poste' to get them to me so I can get them framed and up on the wall.
pop.gif

I think I will refrain from bringing a visitor in just yet-- the will want to challenge each other, and I don't want the Baron to re-injure himself somehow by trying to kickbox a spry hen!

Before he got sick was when he was still outside, Willow and, of course, Millie, were his best friends.
The rest of the girls were dominant over him-- yes, even Derp! Because he was still not a rooster, but a chick in their eyes.
The only exception is poor Coho.. for whatever reason, Baron didn't like her at all and gave her a sound peck each time she walked by! Poor Coho. None of the other chickens like her. She is just too meek! I guess it's not unusual for Faverolles to fall into this position in a mixed flock. As much as I love them, I probably won't get any more, as it seems unkind to them sometimes.

Here's a quick video of the Baron for you all!
Sorry about the clutter. The vacuum cleaner needs to be nearby for... obvious reasons.. and I like having his food and water handy, too. The lamp is so he has a bit more light on these overcast days. The paper towels, well, you know what those are for!
Having him indoors and having to take care of him is a big time sink, and it has me a bit behind on housekeeping. I am sure you understand!

He is so excited when I visit, he often walks over to my lap, as he did at the start of the video.
Warning, mid way though he CROWS! It is loud as he does it right into the phone speaker! Mind your volume!

0.jpg

Last edited:
Ouch! I thought you said that his crow wasn't too loud yet!!!!

Lovely to see him standing and moving around - he obviously enjoys being fussed over by you.
love.gif

He also seems to be getting steadily better - go Baron, go!

Back
Top Bottom