Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Chicken Eggs for incubation and hatching

Status
Not open for further replies.
The
I would for awhile, until the chick is old enough to defend herself. That is just me though. Sometimes they resolve issues on their own so ...go with your gutt

The chick is fine, it's the momma hen going after the other hen, and this is new since the chick hatched. She is a very good mom, I thought she may be being aggressive because if the chick. And the other hen is not defending herself, she bows her head to the floor and cowers, my husband was in the coop when this happened and he had to move mom off an pick up the other hen.

Ok, the poo is on the way bottom anyways, I didn't know if it could breed bacteria ...we are patiently waiting for the other 2. My bedroom is looking like a hatchery LOL I have the incubator, then the new baby brooder with yes a feather bed basket HA, and then the "toddler" brooder with my month old chicks...soon these ones will graduate to the cage in the kitchen hubby made until they are ready for the coop outside.

Chickens everywhere! And we got 3 more under a broody hen outside!
Wow your house is a hatchery!!!LUCKY!!!LOL!

We drove all over Co Kerry's mountains on Saturday, trying to find kiddo some snow, since he's never seen it before. We found plenty, but couldn't get to it...
sad.png
I joked with DH and said, watch, it's going to snow by us. Look what happened last night:

We got about an inch and up the mountain near us they got 6 inches. So after school we're going to build kiddo a snow man
smile.png
And according to the weather pics we're going to get more tonight. My poor chickens didn't enjoy this at all. Shame, they came out this morning, ran across the lawn, did a u-turn and tried to get back into the coop!

We drove all over Co Kerry's mountains on Saturday, trying to find kiddo some snow, since he's never seen it before. We found plenty, but couldn't get to it...
sad.png
I joked with DH and said, watch, it's going to snow by us. Look what happened last night:

We got about an inch and up the mountain near us they got 6 inches. So after school we're going to build kiddo a snow man
smile.png
And according to the weather pics we're going to get more tonight. My poor chickens didn't enjoy this at all. Shame, they came out this morning, ran across the lawn, did a u-turn and tried to get back into the coop!
oh is he loving it??? YAY!!!

He's over the moon! Shame, every morning he gets up and looks out the window. Today he went to the window, pulled back the curtain, looked at me bug eyed and said "Mommy, it snowed!" I don't think he believed it! I had to stop him running outside barefoot LOL He had to go to school and there is very little snow in town, so he'll have to wait a bit before he can go play. Actually, another 30 minutes... I've just noticed the time.

He's over the moon! Shame, every morning he gets up and looks out the window. Today he went to the window, pulled back the curtain, looked at me bug eyed and said "Mommy, it snowed!" I don't think he believed it! I had to stop him running outside barefoot LOL He had to go to school and there is very little snow in town, so he'll have to wait a bit before he can go play. Actually, another 30 minutes... I've just noticed the time.
awwwww So cool you going to video him??? YAY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom