Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Chicken Eggs for incubation and hatching

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't been on here in a few days, and just wanted to update all of you that were giving me advice on my first time hatchings eggs. Just to catch everyone up I'm hatching duck, turkey, chicken, and guinea eggs together using the dry hatch method. I am on day six right now with the duck, turkey,and guinea eggs and will be adding the chicken eggs tomorrow. So far everything seems to be going great, all eggs that I've candled so far seem to be showing progress, except for the guinea eggs which are to thick shelled to see much yet. The duck eggs are doing awesome, I can see really good veining in all eggs so far. The turkey eggs are too speckled and dark to see any veins but the air cells are right on track. My broody hen is also still sitting on the eggs I gave her. Hopefully everything keeps going good. I'm trying to not get my hopes up considering I still have three weeks to go. I originally only expected a couple eggs out of each breed to hatch at best, since this is my first time incubating eggs and I'm using shipped eggs, but now after all the progress the eggs are showing I'm beginning to hope for an even higher hatch rate. Thank you to everyone who gave me advice on getting started!

fl.gif
hoping you get a good hatch. Keep us posted.

I will chicksooner, and after I get my wife's camera charged I'll try to get some pictures of the candled eggs, to see if all of you agree that they are progressing right.

Quote: Thank you
hugs.gif
yeah, I could do with a lot of hugs at the moment! Gosh, one moment I'm laughing, next moment I'm crying. I'm a mess at the moment, but I'm trying to stay positive. We'll get through this. We've been blessed with lovely people, on BYC and people we met here, who are doing their best to help smooth the path for us and who are supporting us all the way. It means so much to me.

Thank you
hugs.gif
yeah, I could do with a lot of hugs at the moment! Gosh, one moment I'm laughing, next moment I'm crying. I'm a mess at the moment, but I'm trying to stay positive. We'll get through this. We've been blessed with lovely people, on BYC and people we met here, who are doing their best to help smooth the path for us and who are supporting us all the way. It means so much to me.

hugs.gif

:frow  all ... we have had some pretty babies posted !!! I love the baby duckies

TMN sorry about your loss .. your husband sounds like he was a great guy :hugs and you tell a wonderful story ...

how i got my name .. silver is for sibil ... but most people have always said silver instead of sibil .... not sure why lol and the 1313 in for my oldest child... .. and silver is so popular in many forums , so years ago i tacked on the 1313 for my son .....

got to go track my eggs again .. thinking they will be here either in the morning or the next morning at the latest :weee so excited for my first shipped eggs ... and nervous too !!!!

had a long day hanging out with my friend then watched a movie with DD... was great .... will do some more catching up in the morning !!!!

Yay duckies!

Poorchickie made a couple of loud chirps and went to sleep. He wasn't right. In the sense that I think his body was partly twisted. Everytime I tried to lay him on his other side it would flip back over. So strange. There was two others the same breed and these were hatched normal. Well I tried. Poor thing. Rip little one.

Thanks for all your advice.

Awe I'm so sorry :hugs

12 pips!!! I have 17 that made lockdown and its just now day 20. My Henrietta's egg is pipped now as well. How exciting!!!

:D !!!!

I woke up at 4am just to have missed my second hatch! That's :jumpy :jumpy

22 to go. See a lot of pips. So today should be an active day.

WOOT!!!

NO FRIGGEN WAY!!!!  CHICKS!  I swear I will get there by june!
I hope I run into an update!
I am sure Hill will fill everyone in on the process, WITH SAFETY PRECAUSIONS TOO!! 
How many eggs you getting a day sparky?
oh yay!! 

My 4 birds are laying a total of 2-4 eggs per day

OMG, Sparky. I'm sure that wasn't fun! LOL Well, that explains your username ;)

LOL yeah the Sparky part came from the fact that I have caught on fire several times (yet amazingly I have never had a burn scar?) and my dog is also named sparky and both of us have lots of problems with "electric" things (we both tend to destroy them XD) and the Patriot is that well, I'm an American an also my dogs name was Patriot before I bought him and I just like the number 15 so.... Sparkypatriot15!

Sparky~  you got it girl!!  :bun

Morning Coch:frow

:D

I have a problem. My wife is developing an attachment to every chick and we have ......I just realized. I have no idea. Lets say we have a bunch. I hatched to sell. Lol. Guess I need to build another chicken house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom