Did you see the Octagon on sale for $99?

Done and done! Whew, I find it's easier if you just close your eyes whilst pressing the submit button. YAHOOOO!!! Hmmm, now for some "test" eggs....
lol.png

Thanks so much! This is just what we've been looking for. I ordered mine about a half hour ago. 25 chickens are never enough, so we can't wait to see what we can hatch from our mix of RIR, Buff Orps, Barred Rocks, and Silver Laced Wyandottes. It looks like I'll be sitting the family down to explain that we'll be taking the power tools out again and expanding my retirement hobby. We've been raising chickens for about 12 years, but now it's time to get serious!

It's funny- I got a message from the company on twitter letting me know they saw a spike in their sales and saying thanks! I ought to be getting a cut of that profit, doncha think?!

I feel dirty...like a pusher...

I have 2 oct 20's , they are GREAT incubators, you cannot beat them. I Can only sqeeze 17 or 18 of my BIG sussex eggs in each one. I have had great hatch rates with these incubators. I put a small wet bath cloth under the egg tray for the last 3 days to keep the humidity up, that helps a lot.

If it's still on sale tonight... I'm getting one... I hope that can ship it to arrive on Friday... my wife may not be home....

hide.gif

Quote:
186?!? Was your shipping really high? How weird. As I type this, I dont know where the product is shipping from, but I recall my shipping was 37$, and my total was 170 and change. I got the auto turner too. Wonder why your price was higher? Shipping maybe?

OH WAIT!! Did you remmeber to put in the coupon code to get 10% off ur purchase!?? It takes about 15$ off the price!! Agh, cant remember the code, but its posted on this thread on the first page. It shows up on the Brinsea site as coming from the Marans Club.
If you missed it, maybe you can cancel the order and re-order w/the code?

I got mine about 6 weeks ago at that price. I love, love it. It's also my first incubator. It's, honestly, so easy to turn that I did not get the auto rotator. I just turn it on its side at least 3 times/day. It's very, very easy to do. So, mine, shipped, was about $120. It does hold temp like a dream. I never ever see any fluctuations unless there is direct sunlight falling on it. Go figure. I have the hovabator 1402 and it fluctuates like crazy on my kitchen counter, where it can get sunny and then very cold at night. Not with my Brinsea, though.

The only thing I've noticed is that the wells dry quickly. But that's good, right?, because it means that there is a lot of fresh air exchanging. I have hatched 4 batches of eggs by keeping them in the brinsea then moving them to the hovabator just for days 18-21. But, with my last hatch, I'm going to leave them in the Brinsea with the wet washcloth like willys_truck mentioned. That's a great idea.

As for size, it can fit way more than 24 bantam eggs in there and less than 20 large eggs. I haven't used it for hatching, but I think it would be very tight. I take my chicks out, though, and just mist/spray warm water into the incubator when I take off the lid and right before I put it back on. Seems to have worked fine.

I also wish I had bought the EX so I could add the humidity pump to it. I think that with the autoturn cradle and the humidity pump, you would not have to do a single thing. I don't have either but I still find it to be a pretty simple process. Now, if I can just get another one...

Last edited:
Closes eyes and runs quickly from this thread! I don't need this, I don't need this, I don't need this!!!

Back
Top Bottom