Diffrent eye color- not emergency!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Morgank, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Morgank

Morgank Chirping

Jul 3, 2018
    Europe, Estonia
    Hi! I have 2 rare blue- salmon faverolle chicks. They came to me approx. 2 months ago. I dont know the exact history of those hatched eggs, but the seller told to me that they are from Italy - French borderline. I am from europe, but even to us this color is unusual.
    The both chickens are the same age, but one them is smaller than the other . Now i notice, that smaller one has one eye like "baby eye" Its blue-grey and other normal eye is yellow- balck (like all faverolle chickens has)
    Is this is abnormal development or what? I dont even know does she sees with this eye or not.
    They are two last chicks who game to my flock. I was ordered 3 favorelle chicks, i bring home only one, because in that time 2 others was too small (i had 2-3 month older flock) and i left them to grow.
    Please, dont ask me about feedeng. This is not issue. My chickens eat like in restaurant.
    Is this is some genetic problem?

Attached Files:

2. Morgank

Morgank Chirping

Jul 3, 2018
    Europe, Estonia

Chick-N-Fun likes this.
  3. Morgank

Morgank Chirping

Jul 3, 2018
    Europe, Estonia
    They are probaly 5 month old.

Chick-N-Fun likes this.
  4. rebrascora

rebrascora Crowing

Feb 14, 2014
    Consett Co.Durham. UK
    The smaller size and odd eye colour would concern me that it could have Marek's disease.

I'm not sure why you are so sensitive about feed discussion. I'm not saying it has anything to do with this chicken's problem but a balanced diet is really important for a chicken.... eating in a restaurant does not mean healthy eating. A formulated feed is the best option for chickens, not being given a choice of foods and expecting them to make healthy choices, just like we don't always select the healthy items on a menu.

puffypoo likes this.
  5. rebrascora

rebrascora Crowing

Feb 14, 2014
    Consett Co.Durham. UK
    That age would also tie in with Marek's disease.... it is the prime age for it to exhibit.

puffypoo likes this.
  6. andreanar

andreanar Crowing

May 16, 2014
    Finger Lakes, NY
    Do you have a photo of the whole birds? I would like to see them:D

puffypoo likes this.
  7. Morgank

Morgank Chirping

Jul 3, 2018
    Europe, Estonia
    Yes i have

Attached Files:

puffypoo likes this.
  8. Morgank

Morgank Chirping

Jul 3, 2018
    Europe, Estonia
    This is not Marek desease, because this bird is over 4 month and she had never paralised legs or never any problems.

9. Morgank

Morgank Chirping

Jul 3, 2018
    Europe, Estonia

Attached Files:

10. MillersFarm

MillersFarm Easily distracted by Chickens

Jun 3, 2016
    Lewiston NY
    It's not very common, But i've got a lovely lil' leghorn with a green and orange eye that's in perfect health~ upload_2018-8-31_12-14-4.png

puffypoo and andreanar like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: