Diffrent eye color- not emergency!

Morgank

Songster
5 Years
Jul 3, 2018
Europe, Estonia
Hi! I have 2 rare blue- salmon faverolle chicks. They came to me approx. 2 months ago. I dont know the exact history of those hatched eggs, but the seller told to me that they are from Italy - French borderline. I am from europe, but even to us this color is unusual.
The both chickens are the same age, but one them is smaller than the other . Now i notice, that smaller one has one eye like "baby eye" Its blue-grey and other normal eye is yellow- balck (like all faverolle chickens has)
Is this is abnormal development or what? I dont even know does she sees with this eye or not.
They are two last chicks who game to my flock. I was ordered 3 favorelle chicks, i bring home only one, because in that time 2 others was too small (i had 2-3 month older flock) and i left them to grow.
Please, dont ask me about feedeng. This is not issue. My chickens eat like in restaurant.
Is this is some genetic problem?

Attachments

• DSC07063.JPG
    DSC07063.JPG
    206.5 KB · Views: 52
  • DSC07066.JPG
    DSC07066.JPG
    228.6 KB · Views: 51
Hi! I have 2 rare blue- salmon faverolle chicks. They came to me approx. 2 months ago. I dont know the exact history of those hatched eggs, but the seller told to me that they are from Italy - French borderline. I am from europe, but even to us this color is unusual.
The both chickens are the same age, but one them is smaller than the other . Now i notice, that smaller one has one eye like "baby eye" Its blue-grey and other normal eye is yellow- balck (like all faverolle chickens has)
Is this is abnormal development or what? I dont even know does she sees with this eye or not.
They are two last chicks who game to my flock. I was ordered 3 favorelle chicks, i bring home only one, because in that time 2 others was too small (i had 2-3 month older flock) and i left them to grow.
Please, dont ask me about feedeng. This is not issue. My chickens eat like in restaurant.
Is this is some genetic problem?

The smaller size and odd eye colour would concern me that it could have Marek's disease.

I'm not sure why you are so sensitive about feed discussion. I'm not saying it has anything to do with this chicken's problem but a balanced diet is really important for a chicken.... eating in a restaurant does not mean healthy eating. A formulated feed is the best option for chickens, not being given a choice of foods and expecting them to make healthy choices, just like we don't always select the healthy items on a menu.

Back
Top Bottom