Disappearing nine patch block swap

I've just tried sending a comment but it failed. Hope you don't get this twice! Lacy Blues, have you thought of using 'fleece' for the backing. We quite often use this for snugly quilts. You may call it something else. Zip up jackets are made from it. We can buy it very cheaply from our local shop that's a bit like the old Woolworths which we don't have anymore. It comes in many colours and some patterns. It's made from recycled plastic cups and I think it is all made in the USA. It's brilliant for backing lap quilts or children's quilts, lightweight and easy to wash. Is this of help?

Does anybody have any suggestions on how to make this quilt SUPER WARM for him? He is cold often and I want this to be the best, warmest quilt ever! I know the vellux blankets are super warm. Maybe if I got one and used it as batting material?
Lacy Blues, I have heard that the vellux blankets do not work well for quilting, they have a middle layer of foam that won't hold up to washing and when you quilt it it breaks it into pieces. I have seen a lady in my local quilt group use one of those sherpa type throws as the backing of a quilt it felt and looked great when she was done but she did have to sew it with tissue paper on the back so it would not get tangled in the feed dogs of her sewing machine. hope this helps.

My green fabrics got here today. Now I can wash and iron an start cutting!

These fabrics (purples and greens) sure are nice. In fact, I think I've decided to drop out and just make my own quilt...
hide.gif

Just kidding!
wink.png

I can hardly wait for these blocks to be done. Love these fabrics!
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom