Dixie Chicks

@minihorse927 baby grey is earning her Lady Grey name... she is excited, but is trying to be gentle with the babies... I kept my fingers around them, but let her check them out and she wanted to nibble and talked to them... big difference from her outright attacking the mallards...
I can't believe she attacking the mallards. Poor mallards. Maybe they said she looked funny?

Blacks and blues are perty, but no one cares about the whites....That's why I want them. Just counted, five of the twelve look like what white j giants are supposed to look like....single langshan is huge... red Sussex are definitely the most active, DW says we are getting rid of them...Maybe I can hide them?
hide.gif
I even offered after she said we have to many chickens already to off the current layers!! Still a no go...how can you have to many? Going to have to hide them
duc.gif
They are probably a better breed than the giants I want to focus on. NOT getting rid of them.

Gorgeous Jersey's, @seminolewind!!

Gah! I had 3 hatchery stock black hens and they musta fell of the turnip truck... looked rough all the time, flighty as all get out, and crazier than the Mad Hatter...

My first 3 chicks from a hatchery were Black JG's. My last one will be 8 years old in 2 months. The blue hen was from Kathyinmo when she was into Jerseys. They were her first eggs from the Maria's Jerseys she raised. In that hatch I had 3 hens and 5 roos. One roo went next door. 2 hens went to a riding stable. I should have kept them. Shoulda woulda coulda. I keep them all now.

Back
Top Bottom