Dixie Chicks

My dogs have a few moose legs in the yard... My guess is there are four legs
big_smile.png

Don't tell my dog... he wishes for a few legs! I still have half a garbage can full of bones and scraps from the butcher for the dog and the chickens...

Last edited:
Ooh, I've heard of these. I would love to make one too.

Well, nipple waterers are almost finished, just need to swap out old one tonight.

The hole saw is just undersized and I can't find the heat gun anywhere.
hit.gif
Dang it. I wanted to get this feeder today. How long is the time diffference with a hair dryer, anyone know??? LOL No, seriously...anyone?

Oh well, more time on BYC.
ya.gif

A hairdryer might work, but it will take a lot longer to heat it. If there's a large difference in diameter, you could introduce the hole to some sand paper first, get it a bit closer to the right fit. I'd say you want about a tenth of an inch of a difference in diameter between the hole and the pipe.

So, anyone here interested in mixing your own feed? I just put together a spreadsheet for calculating the nutrients.

Not sure I would want even more bugs at my place then we already do have.... Even tho we are building a new house on our property this year I am hoping that by free ranging the chickens (when the dog isn't out) that we can cut down the bug population by some.

The hole saw is just a bit small for the holes for the tote feeder. I heard using a heat gun and shoving the fitting through self seals it when it cools down. Oldest tried to use teenage manpower, just not enough of a gap.

Hot water or steam from an electric kettle

A hairdryer might work, but it will take a lot longer to heat it. If there's a large difference in diameter, you could introduce the hole to some sand paper first, get it a bit closer to the right fit. I'd say you want about a tenth of an inch of a difference in diameter between the hole and the pipe.

So, anyone here interested in mixing your own feed? I just put together a spreadsheet for calculating the nutrients.

A little interested.... Will it save me $$

A real heat gun gets a lot hotter than a hairdrier. I still don't understand though, you trying to soften the plastic so it fits??? Small propane torch maybe?

Back
Top Bottom