Dixie Chicks

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Amberjem, Jan 1, 2015.

1. vehve

vehve The Token Finn

I've got an old Samsung S2 I still use as my main phone, it's starting to be time to replace it though. I also have a Nokia 920, but I mainly use it as a camera and to get internet on my laptop when not at home. The fruit company models never really appealed to me, sure they look nice and everything, but somehow Android suits my needs better.

*Edit* Oh, but you can't leave your phone inside, what would you take pics of the chickens with then?

Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
  2. Bogtown Chick

Bogtown Chick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 31, 2012
    Northern Minnesota
    My Coop
    True on that! It is convenient for a quick upload to BYC. But I can see it slipping out of my pocket and getting covered with dirt too. ha. Another thing is if I upload something to social media...I like kicking back and watching the responses then I don't get anything done in the garden. Just need to be more disciplined with it and the the social media itself.

Ahhh Here's a trip down memory lane...there she is...

[​IMG]

3. Bogtown Chick

Bogtown Chick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 31, 2012
    Northern Minnesota
    My Coop
    I had like 12 contacts then too. Life was so much simpler.... [​IMG]

4. Beer can

Beer can Chicken Obsessed

Aug 12, 2014
    Upstate NY
    I didn't get my first cell until two years ago Lol! It was a crappy pretend 'smart phone', sucked. I bought a track phone Samsung Centura last yr with android, everything triples, minutes, text, data. It broke recently and I thought about upgrading but it did everything I need to do, takes great video, good outside pics, OK inside pics, awesome with games, can watch Netflix and YouTube no problems, so I bought the same one, only $50 this time. The screen is about the size of the older iPhone, small but I don't mind, I have a tablet and laptop to use at home. And being we have no cell service at home, I sure ain't paying hundreds of dollars and high monthly bills for a phone I only play with at work (not supposed to but supervisors leave me alone).

5. hennible

hennible Overrun With Chickens

Got my first cell phone nine months ago.

6. minihorse927

minihorse927 Whipper snapper

Nov 3, 2010
    I had that same exact phone when I was 15! Hahaha

7. Alaskan

Alaskan The Frosted Flake

I can't remember when I first got a cell... but maybe 5 years ago

8. Alaskan

Alaskan The Frosted Flake

oh, I JUST upgraded to a smart phone.....

It makes it easier to text, so yeah... but that is the only 'smart' thing I do

9. Outpost JWB

Outpost JWB Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2014
    Ohio
    @minihorse927 , I use a laptop and it is aggravating sometimes. Many times I have a whole book (it seems) typed and then the screen turns blue and deletes it all!![​IMG] Since I have been applying for jobs, the computer also has froze and lost all info while I am in the middle of an application. GRRR!

Here is the progress so far on the hutch. We have to get some OSB and hardware for doors.
    [​IMG]

DH says it will be divided into 3 (even though the one on the left is smaller). He "planned" it that way[​IMG]

10. Outpost JWB

Outpost JWB Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2014
    Ohio
    1st phone I had was a flip phone!! LOL! Sorry if that offends anyone. I still see some people at work with them[​IMG]

At least they don't butt dial people like I do all the time!

Last edited: Feb 9, 2015

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by