Dixie Chicks

Tecnical difficulties with my phone/posting etc.

No more hatching. I have more set, but am not adding any more. I seem to be losing them in lockdown in the hovabator to hatch?

3 chicks out of 40 eggs set, 24 were shipped eggs :(

I resented smart phones. People that used them incessantly and didn't pay attention when people are talking to them...etc etc etc. Now I think I'm becoming one of them. ( G** I hope not. ) Yes I think there is a set of manners that should go along with their use.

I didn't mind the flip phones TBH. I didn't know any better really. But then people were sending us texts and we weren't getting some and others encrypted thing a ma bop or something that would just say >DATA< and our plan was getting charged for nothing. And THEN people were actually getting MAD at us because we didn't respond to texts. (that said "DATA") How odd. Rather than getting mad at me how about actually dialing me up and just talking to me. The world is a changing and I was getting lost in the shuffle. I resented that too. But now it seems I've conformed and people are communicating with me.
roll.png

STUFFED BLACKBERRY CHEESECAKE FRENCH TOAST

8 pieces thick bread (I used French bread)
1/2 cup + 1 cup Compote (warm or cold)
Cream Cheese (softened)
6 eggs
1 cup cream (milk or 1/2 and 1/2 can be used)
1 tsp. Vanilla
Powdered Sugar
1 T. Butter

Mix eggs, cream and vanilla together with a whisk until fully incorporated. Mix 1/2 cup of the berry compote with softened cream cheese. Cut the bread 3/4 of the way, without cutting through. Spread the cream cheese mixture on each side of the bread, add a spoonful of the berry compote. Pour the egg mixture over the bread, cover and refrigerate overnight. In the morning turn the bread over, to make sure the entire loaf has absorbed the egg mixture. OR Spoon the Cream cheese mixture onto the french bread slices, spreading it evenly. Layer another piece of bread on top and continue sandwich style with each two pieces of bread. Dredge the bread into the egg mixture until nicely coated on each side (if making individual servings). Lay the pieces in a buttered casserole dish or cast iron dutch oven pan. Cover and Bake in oven at 350-400 degrees until the last 15 minutes, uncover and bake until set and golden brown. Serve warm with a spoonful of compote and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Drizzle with Blackberry syrup if desired.

frow.gif
How's everyone?

I try to pop in once in a while to see if I can contribute. But life keeps me away a bit, I guess. Too hard to keep up. But if you don't mind a pop in once in a while I'll just say hi and put in a couple bits.
love it when you visit :) just jump in as you can, life gets to busy to be ocd about reading the thread sometimes rather have you here to visit then have some kinda homework reading everything :)

Back
Top Bottom