Dixie Chicks

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Amberjem, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Amberjem

Amberjem Overrun With Chickens

hmm I got gooey chips ahoy cookies ok Ill grb a couple lol
  2. Amberjem

dang I need to borrow @BriardChickens 's hot tub and soak my bones.. I wonder if I will beable to move tomorrow... think I will go to the hot tub in the early am tomorrow before finishing the tractor....might beable to move then
  3. Alaskan

Alaskan The Frosted Flake

I feel like the scary nasty from some horror movie

FEED ME!!
  4. Amberjem

lol come over for dinner there will be plenty lol
  5. minihorse927

minihorse927 Whipper snapper

Nov 3, 2010
    [​IMG]The swedish flowers are enjoin their new breeding pen and roosting bar! All made with stuff we got for free or already had around. So far I have $5.55 tied up in light sockets!

Been busy installing lights in the pens, didn't get the door finished but did get a roost built for the swedish flowers pen. Things are coming together more and more everyday here. Josh is talking of 2 or 3 more smaller pens and petitioning off part of the wood shed as part of the mixed laying group. It will help me get that new barn I want so badly funded.

Looking good @Amberjem on the frame beginnings! I love the picture of the chickens.
  6. Amberjem

[​IMG] nice picture, sounds like you been busy busy also :)
  7. Outpost JWB

Outpost JWB Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2014
    Yesterday we worked diligently on the rabbit hutch. DHs design[​IMG]. 8' long to house 3 rabbits. I also did some much needed cleaning out of coop areas. Pretty sure all critters are happier now. Ran out of hardware cloth for the hutch. I think my job this week is to make the doors. Not so sure today is the day for that. I have too much on my plate already! Work, drop off donations at goodwill, drop off egg donations at church, dishes, laundry, feed critters, take recyclables to town, zumba[​IMG]. Think I'll go back to bed! LOL! It was so nice outside last night. I wanted to sit and enjoy it in our screened in porch. Instead I made some yummy beer battered fish sandwiches on Kaiser rolls[​IMG] They were so good. I must've been hungry because we had enough to feed an army.

@Amberjem , chicken tractor is looking awesome. Last summer I stopped at a yard sale and a lady was selling 2'x2'x2' basically wooden frame boxes with chicken wire. They used to raise bantams in them. Anyways, I asked her how much they are and she said $40 a piece[​IMG]. My monster birds wouldn't fit in them anyways. It would be more a hassle than a help.

@minihorse , great job on repurposing the lumber and such. Our rabbit hutch is being made from the boards we had the demolition team save from gutting out our master bedroom and bath. The bathroom is still gutted. Lack of time, energy and money.

Everyone have a good day. The shower is calling my name, then off to work.[​IMG]
  8. vehve

vehve The Token Finn

Beer,I think it's a small part. Kauko is the name of the character, played by Jouko Ahola.

Nice progress on everyone's builds.
  9. ApiaryandAviary

ApiaryandAviary Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2014
    Good morning. I have been busy getting ready those that will be going to the first Flock Swap of the Spring in two weeks. My girls have NOT! Lack of light and the cold has caused them to cross their legs.

I have explained my dilemma on the thread
    Virginina Chickens, Coffee and Chocolate, all things lovely.
    I have promised eggs, promised chickens, and I need something for myself to replace those going to market.

Never count your chickens before they hatch. Never count your eggs before they are laid, LOL. I am running behind where I need to be, where I should be. I have dealt with, cracked frozen eggs, frozen eggs and nearly frozen eggs and I am tired of the cold. Need sunshine and warmth. Even when the sun shone it was still cold and barely melted snow. I use natural methods only on my chickens but have resorted to collecting eggs for incubator. I still do not use artificial light on them. I know, I know, light will stimulate their gland near the eye and kick start that egg production.
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
  10. ApiaryandAviary

ApiaryandAviary Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2014
    I have to DVR mini series. I just can not sit and watch for two hours at a whack. I got the Sons of Liberty on DVR, Vikings as well and the Celebrity Apprentice. I know, I know, byt itbreally is interesting to me to watch. Kenya alledgedly took Vivica's phone and used it to maliciously post messages. You know she did it. Know what I like? That movie Babe. Now if they could do that with chickens instead of sheep....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by