Dixie Chicks

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Amberjem, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Beer can

Beer can Chicken Obsessed

Aug 12, 2014
    Upstate NY
    Yeah, you did, I guess I missed that. Don't even remember posting that comment, it was a little drunk out last night or this morning or whenever it was Lol! For all I know you could have been eating real wagu, heck ours is probably better than theirs anyway. Last I remember it was four in the morning and I ran out of beer thank god! Work sucks today.
    I know what it was, I was thinking about how them nutty cemani breeders were arguing that cemani crosses should not have the cemaniname used, just mutts, like it was going to tarnish the cemani name, I was discussing it with the woman I'm getting crosses from. She said they are crazy, and culling all that aren't completely black and ignoring any other aspects of the breed, like egg laying ability or hardiness, she thinks they are making a mistake.
    So how was the 'wagu' ? I've never had it.

2. Amberjem

Amberjem Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG]

3. Amberjem

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

tractors all wired and ready to go just need to do the chicken door and do the wheels :) leaned a board against the chicken door for now and let the babys in to check out the fresh grass

4. Beer can

Beer can Chicken Obsessed

Aug 12, 2014
    Upstate NY
    @Outpost JWB SandHill Preservation Center does have all those breeds your looking for. Most of their chicks are $6 each straight run, minimum 25 and that can be of multiple breeds for the minimum. They only do lots of 25, or 50 etc. Some of the rarer breeds have a max amount you can get, I ordered blue langshans and they were max 5.
    I never ordered from them before, put in a order a few weeks ago for white giants and black and blue langshans.
    They have a website to show what they have, you have to ask for a catalog to be sent to you they only take orders by mail.

5. Amberjem

welp @Sharps Big 50 was giving the ok to make matty chicken dinner tonight..........think I need a special roast chicken recipe to do something special for our first homegrown chicken dinner

6. Amberjem

think I'll do a Parmesan crusted chicken wrapped in bacon

7. Amberjem

if anyone has any suggestions feel free to pipe up :)

8. hennible

hennible Overrun With Chickens

Apparently they taste better and are more tender, if you give them 3 to 5 days to rest in your fridge... In a brine... Brines not the right word but I forgot the proper word so...

9. Amberjem

thought that was for older roosters?

10. Amberjem

got the water boiling gonna see about plucking em once he's done draining... so you want pictures or not or the process?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by