Dixie Chicks

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Amberjem, Jan 1, 2015.

1. minihorse927

minihorse927 Whipper snapper

Nov 3, 2010
    My fiance just gave me the go ahead to order my sportsman's 1502 incubator I want so badly when I get the money! GOODBYE TAX RETURN!

2. hennible

hennible Overrun With Chickens

My buff Orpington Roo who is subordinate to my EE roo, sits beside just about any lady that's going to lay an egg and quite frankly looks like he's gonna lay one too... The other subordinate roo sings the egg song for just about anybody. all three of my roosters do the mating dance and are relatively gentlemanly for the most part...

3. vehve

vehve The Token Finn

Our boy does the mating dance too... but only his sister is interested. The rest usually get surprised from behind after a few attempts at wooing them. One baby roo was even subjected to his affection the other day... freaked him out. He does chime in to the eggsong too, and he signals the treat cluck whenever food is brought. He will even pick out special treats and hand them to the girls. Loads of good qualities in him, but he's a bit of a sissy, very clumsy, and skittish around people. And his sister is a horrible bully.

4. hennible

hennible Overrun With Chickens

Lol
    I love the treat song but it's one of the few chicken noises that I can't imitate... My Alfa does that, picks out the best bits for the girls...

5. minihorse927

Nov 3, 2010
    In do the treat song and some of mine dance for them too.

Then there are the EE rapists. They're going in the freezer. The rape anything that walks by. Male, female, guinea, duck, dog! It's bad.

6. vehve

vehve The Token Finn

Yeah, that's not a trait you want to pass on.

7. minihorse927

Nov 3, 2010
    yeah I don't know of anyone who might find that endearing. Those 2 are horrible. The only thing they won't bother is me cause they know I won't put up with it!

8. perchie.girl

perchie.girl Desert Dweller Premium Member

9. BriardChickens

BriardChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2014
    Northern Alberta
    Not sure about the T90 work outs, but the T25 is 25 minutes long (I really don't have the energy or time for more when I get home) and we have just started using resistance bands/weights in week 6 which is the beta round.

10. My subordinate one is like that. He even lets me reach past him to check for eggs under the girls.

My Sebright bantam roo was that way even toward me. Bye bye birdie.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by