Dixie Chicks

I asked the same question a few days ago, didn't I? Just looked up Ohikis, those roosters sure have a freaky looking tail. I like the colors on the females too, that is my favorite coloring in chickens. We had a Alho with that kind of coloring, but sadly she fell victim to a hawk. I'm not too crazy about all that tail in them from a practical point of view, but it does look cool. How big are those, bantams?

Wow! I have 12 Ohiki, 12 Phoenix Bantam and mostly English Orpingtons along with a few other breeds I will be rehoming this spring. How in the world did you cross an Ohiki with an English Orpington? My English Orpingtons are huge. Well except my Chocolate English Orpington Bantams. They are small but stil,.. Larger than an Ohiki.

I have english bantam chocolates. My ohiki boys are busy! My bantam hens weigh 3lbs. The only reason my hens were in with the ohiki was cause the poor orpington roo was trying to regrow from his molt and the hens picked on him non stop! Felt bad so I left him alone and moved the hens.

I asked the same question a few days ago, didn't I? Just looked up Ohikis, those roosters sure have a freaky looking tail. I like the colors on the females too, that is my favorite coloring in chickens. We had a Alho with that kind of coloring, but sadly she fell victim to a hawk. I'm not too crazy about all that tail in them from a practical point of view, but it does look cool. How big are those, bantams?
they are very small bantams. My pullets weigh less than a pound.

I have english bantam chocolates. My ohiki boys are busy! My bantam hens weigh 3lbs. The only reason my hens were in with the ohiki was cause the poor orpington roo was trying to regrow from his molt and the hens picked on him non stop! Felt bad so I left him alone and moved the hens.
mini, I see in your signature you have Blue Laced Red Wyandottes. Do you ship eggs? I have a friend that asked me where she could get some.

I'm actually selling the blue laced red wyandottes out. I've got a trio for $120. Foley bred. I won't be breaking them up into pens this year unless for some reason I can't sell the adults.

Last edited:
Whoa, now that's small. I wouldn't dare keep so small birds, our friendly neighborhood hawk would dispose of them pretty quickly.

So, does anyone have a rooster who gives special treatment to a certain hen? Our roo of course overmates his favorite, who also happens to be his sister, but one thing that is pretty endearing is that every time she goes to lay, he stands guard outside of the nest box, waiting for her to finish.

Whoa, now that's small. I wouldn't dare keep so small birds, our friendly neighborhood hawk would dispose of them pretty quickly.

So, does anyone have a rooster who gives special treatment to a certain hen? Our roo of course overmates his favorite, who also happens to be his sister, but one thing that is pretty endearing is that every time she goes to lay, he stands guard outside of the nest box, waiting for her to finish.
other than overmating, no special treatment here.

They are definitely not a free ranging breed. More of a kept under lock and key breed! My avatar pic is my black Ohiki roo I lost. He was still regrowing his tail when I took the pic.

I'm actually selling the blue laced red wyandottes out. I've got a trio for $120. Foley bred. I won't be breaking them up into pens this year unless for some reason I can't sell the adults.
How old are they? I don't know if she wants breeding stock. She asked about hatching eggs. I will have to ask her.

Back
Top Bottom