Dixie Chicks

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Amberjem, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Amberjem

Amberjem Overrun With Chickens

dang sure wish @Sharps Big 50 was a speedy about doing other things as he was in dispatching matty

2. JulesChicks

JulesChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Looks awesome Jem! Nice work. I want one of these...adding it to the list. Speaking of lists, Speckled Sussex were on there, now not so sure. Not as high on the list as the Marans though! Love the Blue Copper Marans posted above [​IMG] I haven't found a local breeder yet with these, or any Marans - just people posting on Craigslist that can't spell the breed correctly.

All this talk above about potatoes has me wanting to put them on the menu tonight or tomorrow - my favorite is mashed (with milk, preferably cream, butter, salt as a minimum). My husband's parents are both from Ireland so of course he loves potatoes just about any way. My kids - nope, unless you consider french fries.

3. vehve

vehve The Token Finn

Nice job on the tractor.

I don't have any recipes to offer yet, but I'll be roasting the next one, we'll see how that turns out.

In the weekend we'll finally have time for a hardware store trip, then I can start the chilis, looking forward to it.

Sam, any chocolate left?

4. JulesChicks

@Amberjem what was your method of choice?

5. JulesChicks

that is, Sharps big 50's method of dispatching matty?

6. vehve

vehve The Token Finn

Jem, wash with cold water, rub down with soap, rinse properly to get soap out, scald in 150F water,dipping up and down. When wing feathers come loose easily, start plucking.

7. Amberjem

ya they were on my list also but I dont want escaping chicken either ...

I am going to do smashed taters tonight.... boiled then put ontop a cookie sheet smashed then add parmesan cheese, pepperjack garlic olive oil a smidge of sesame oil..salt , pepper onion power, a bit of lemon pepper, thinnly sliced red onion and put into the oven and baked until melted and slightly golden

if you have feta nice to crumble some on before serving

Last edited: Feb 12, 2015
  8. Amberjem

beheading

9. Amberjem

ahh thanks forgot about the soap thing

10. vehve

vehve The Token Finn

Soap really keeps the smell down. We use pine soap.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by