Dixie Chicks

Quote:
thumbsup.gif
Sounds good! If they redid the background check and are calling your references they must be interested. Your current employer does not deserve a quality employee like you. If the bank doesn't work-out, I hope you find something else.

@Amberjem
images

No, I haven't heard back.   They have been calling my reference people though.  It's aggravating to say the least.  I am getting my hair cut tonight.  Much shorter than I've had it in YEARS.  I have only had my hair trimmed for at least the past 9 years.  No real hair style changes.   I figure if I get the job there, great!  If not, I'm getting better prepared for my next interview elsewhere!  This week I work a split shift on Sunday with a 5 hr gap between the shifts.  So, that day I will drive back and forth from home to work.  25 miles each way.  100 mile day.  Same with next Sunday.  And that Sunday will be the 1st day of my 8 day stretch.  They are really abusing the employees and making us all miserable. 

Congrats on the new chicks @Alaskan
.  I always wondered about the dirty egg theory also.  Glad you experimented so I don't have to.
Hello, I hope and pray you get the job.

Congrats on chickies, Al.

Beer, serious stuff with eye injuries, always wear protective gear. Having a ophthalmologist take a look might not be a bad idea either...

I'm confused about the potatoes.

I'm confused also, but it worked. So I looked up why.
All sorts of home remedies call for it, welding forums, and this actual doctors first aid site said; "When treating flash burn or welder’s arc, raw potato is a recommended choice. Raw potato possesses healing properties that can relieve pains and reduce the swelling caused by the burn." They recommended peeling the potato, grating it and pack it in wet washcloths to put on eyes and let the nutrients soak into eyes. Crazy! They said you can get it from the sun, a tanning bed, and certain lights also.

Bc: I have had flash burn several times. I was a millwright before becoming a production welder. I have had bad bad flash burns. I would alternate potatos with cucumber slices.
But yea its painful

pls becareful @Beer can and take care of yourself... @Outpost JWB gosh they are dragging it out I am not even the one and am soo anxious for you to hear back!... whats new with you @NotAFarm ? @RavynFallen well was missing you... and I thought the eggs were exactly how you like them..... @hennible wanna come help me garden? :p @Alaskan where ohh where are those adorable chick pictures lol sounds like you had a decent hatch.. @Peep_Show how are your eggs doing? That reminds me @RavynFallen how are your eggs you got? Hows the blackberry disposal @JulesChicks ?
@Bogtown Chick whats your prefered chicken breed? @bamadude are you behaving? is @idiotswife keeping you inline? :p @Double Kindness where do you get your roosters decrowed at? and who locked @JW12 in the closet he is awefully quiet! @perchie.girl how are you today? @BriardChickens how are things going ?

Last edited:
Quote:
Oh mannn... you are lucky....

Dad was working in the garage welding on something in the dead of summer so he had Kaki shorts on and sandles with socks... Oh of course a T shirt... Only problem was the thing that needed to be welded was on the floor (flat surface) and he was squatting while he welded... Dad was a commando kind of guy... and yep he got sunburn.

Next day he was walking like a cowboy.... No one told HIM about shredded potato...

deb

Back
Top Bottom