Dixie Chicks

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Amberjem, Jan 1, 2015.

1. minihorse927

minihorse927 Whipper snapper

Nov 3, 2010
    I got 2 pips! 2 PIPS! They're under my broody hen and peeping softly. Chickens on their way!

2. Alaskan

Alaskan The Frosted Flake

super happy for you! [​IMG]

3. bamadude

bamadude Overrun With Chickens

Jan 26, 2014
    skipperville
    Aj she should change her name to Mrs. Behaving cause Im being so good

4. bamadude

Jan 26, 2014
    skipperville
    Deb: ive never shredded the taters...just slices. Its for flash burn in the retinas of the eyebals. It may work on skin Idk

5. Beer can

Beer can Chicken Obsessed

Aug 12, 2014
    Upstate NY
    I didn't really look at it, just long enough to strike a arc for a few tacks. Six bolts broke where the belt pullys were bolted to the main unit. Couldn't replace the bolts because they were flat on the other side and welded on from factory behind the second stage snow thrower thingy. So I figured quick fix, weld the dang thing on. I was in a hurry, had to go to work and wanted the drivway cleared. No way to clamp it on, it was heavy to hold in place, had to be in the perfect spot the way the belt twisted up around three pulleys. Couldn't hit my mark and juggle, kept missing so I didn't use shield for like split seconds. Ended up with nice welds.

6. perchie.girl

perchie.girl Desert Dweller Premium Member

Well I am glad you didnt ruin your eyes... I welded in College just enough to know how to do a good weld and out of seventy or so I accomplished one or two good welds. Thank goodness it was only metal sculpture artwork not structural... [​IMG] Been around alot of professional welders though and am constantly amazed how much more is involved than just sticking two peices of metal together.

I can operate mig tig arc and gas welders I prefer mig. I want a small welding machine for doing art at the house... one day.

deb

7. Beer can

Beer can Chicken Obsessed

Aug 12, 2014
    Upstate NY
    I need to get or borrow a plasma cutter. I built my garage sorta looking like a barn and painted red with white trim. Need to put a cupolo (spelling?) on the roof now and put a big metal rooster windvane on it. Can't find one I like so I'm going to have to make one.

8. bamadude

Jan 26, 2014
    skipperville
    Plasma cutters are fun.

9. perchie.girl

perchie.girl Desert Dweller Premium Member

Oooh [​IMG] Plasma cutter... I would make window covers for all my windows... AND the FReaking sliding glass doors on the house... I have four. and they let light and heat come and go as they please. At least I could have a decroative cover for the ones on the south side of the house.

deb

10. bamadude

Jan 26, 2014
    skipperville
    Or a 3rd degree burn

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by