Dixie Chicks

Hmm, maybe I'll try putting the heat mat under the ones I'm sprouting now, that might give them a boost.

But yeah, the soaking might be beneficial, at least they will all start sort of at the same time that way. The problem with just spraying them seems to be that they don't all start at the same time, in stead you get a lot of them in different stages. I'll keep this going unmodified for a few more days still, and see how it turns out.

Jem, keep pictures coming of your progress, nice to see that some people get something done in the yard. Here everything is just frozen.
haha I do try.......clover seed I tossed around is starting to germinate... hrmm wonder if I can get my son to help move some dirt from the chicken area to spread around the grass area of the chicken coop walkway .. I got some grass seed the other day.. I wanna sprinkle it around and toss a layer of some of the composted dirt I had going in the chicken area...just enough to bury the seed a bit...... I was thinking I might just toss some of the bedding around over thru the grass area thats thin...let the shavings decompose and add a lil more organc matter to this sandy soil...

Hmm, maybe I'll try putting the heat mat under the ones I'm sprouting now, that might give them a boost.

But yeah, the soaking might be beneficial, at least they will all start sort of at the same time that way. The problem with just spraying them seems to be that they don't all start at the same time, in stead you get a lot of them in different stages. I'll keep this going unmodified for a few more days still, and see how it turns out.

felix that deep soak is beneficial because each seed had a different thickness to its outer hull. that hull protects the inside of the seed for a reason.

deb "who is doing security check on the house before going back to bed"

I haven't yet eaten a black chicken......

I actually think it would be fun to do at least once..   :D

Oh.. BTW.. This is some eggs from other BYC'ers.. Our flock on top and the bottom duck egg.. The dark speckled are @Sill jumbo quail.. And wild dove egg's

Black meat chicken will turn back the clock Alaskan, makes you younger. After seeing how frail silkies are I'm glad I decided to go with those Cemani Turken crosses, some how they say turkens are cold hardy. The ones she is saving for me she said are super black, can't even tell they are crosses.
Quail eggs are super awesome! She raises jumbo quail also, thinking of getting some of them also. She said they start laying at like 8 weeks and are ready to butcher then, and their incubation time is short.

Jem, you keep complaining about the climate and you're planting grass in January? Wowzers
big_smile.png

Deb, yeah, I'm starting to see that. Why the security check, something wake you? Don't worry, I'm sure there's not a monster under the bed.
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom