DIY Holidays

Quasi

Hatching
Nov 16, 2023
Hey all,

I am looking to fulfill a diy holiday requirement for the world's best duck owners. They have between 2 "lifers" and up to 24 more in various arrangements through a large property I was hoping to make some sort of non refrigerator based duck granola bar.. if such a thing exists. I also would love to hear about diy toys or things "duck children" would enjoy as these are not outdoor animals, these are family portraits type pets.

Hi Quasi, welcome to BYC!

My ducks love to stick their bills in a head of endive... you could hide some mealworms in there so they have a reward in a reward.. a granola bar for ducks, I don't know...

Hi Quasi, welcome to BYC!

My ducks love to stick their bills in a head of endive... you could hide some mealworms in there so they have a reward in a reward.. a granola bar for ducks, I don't know...
Thanks for the welcome! What is the shelf life of endive? I'm looking for something that could be stored at room temp or in a cool garage at the least for a short to mild period of time.

Thanks for the welcome! What is the shelf life of endive? I'm looking for something that could be stored at room temp or in a cool garage at the least for a short to mild period of time.
Make them a suet treat. As long as it is cool where you are it should last.
I am planning on making some for my chickens and ducks now that fall is here.

Back
Top Bottom