Do pets think?

Duck Mad

Chirping
8 Years
Mar 13, 2011
Rugby
I really am stupid enough to spend a lot of time wondering what my pets are thinking.. So clips of videos of them I voiced over..
ok I guess its deffo not what they are really thinking lol .....just thought I'd share video for a giggle, although on a serious note I really wish pets could do human language so we KNOW what they are really thinking

I really would not want to hear what my dogs are thinking all the time. If I wanted to hear demands and whining all day I'd have children not pets.
tongue.png
As is my akita spends 3/4ths of the day staring at me with her tail wagging on the off chance I will finish what I'm doing and take her hiking despite it hailing or something outside. It would be nice if they could understand english though so I could bargain with them. "If you try to eat the live chickens I will make sure you get nothing but dog food for the next week" or having them understand that if they didn't chase squirrels in to timbuktu they could run off leash in more areas.

Quote:
lol so funny
smile.png
yer that would be nice if they understood what do as your told means! hehe .. hmm please dont bark close to my ear when i am asleep haha ... I swear dogs train us better than we could ever train them lol

Unfortunately with mine we are always 100% aware of exactly what they are thinking.

And it's ALL BAD.

'Come here and ride me, I've been just sitting here daydreaming about all the horrible things I can do to you. GO AHEAD. MAKE MY DAY....SADDLE ME'.

But seriously. They just do not think like people do.

But they DEFINITELY...THINK.

Last edited:
My youngest puppy has excellent problem solving abilities, she thinks entirely too much about the best way to do something "fun" without getting into trouble. It's like she's constantly thinking "Wow, guess I can't launch myself AT you, you don't like that. How about I just jump straight up into the air without making contact? Oh, you don't like that either. How about high speed circles around you? STILL no? Well then I'll go body slam the big dogs, they don't mind".

My shepherds do Math when playing fetch. If they think another dog will get to the ball first, they immediately stop running for it and wait for the other dog to go past them, and then steal it. Logan calculates speed and location and all of it. He knows where he needs to be to get there first and runs full out to ensure a victory. But you can see him think on it quickly and decide. Once he's committed, you better get out of his way. LOL

And they put thought into training ME. Baby pool is empty, let's drag it around the yard until she fills it. They know how to communicate with me just fine. Balls, biscuits, attention, baby pool, they have it down to an art.

The faces my girl Shepherd makes at me, good lord, she's expressive.

My dog thinks that I am stupid. She understands most of what I tell/ask of her. Why can't I understand what she is trying to tell me? She's staring at me right now, and I have no idea why.
hide.gif

Back
Top Bottom