Do Roosters still 'squat'?

Blondiechic

Chirping
7 Years
Feb 1, 2012
One of my silkies has started crowing - but you know when you walk up to your girls and they squat down with their wings out for you to pat them (guessing they think I am a ro), well this Silkie is still doing that - is he a she? Is this normal? Thank you!

Ha I'm assuming you've figured it out as this thread was started in August :) but for silkieobsession the answer is Roos do not squat!! I had a silkie who I always thought was a girl then she crowed so I was really confused and sad... Well a few weeks later she squatted. I didn't believe my eyes thought maybe it was a faux squat :D but a few days later she did a full on hit the decks squat. Eggs followed a few weeks later .... Hens will crow but Roos don't squat :lol:

Yes she is a girl! I am so thrilled!
I had looked on the net and other people said that roos do squat?
She still crows, mostly when she is frustrated because she wants out or snacks or well... whatever! She is unreal and I adore her!

ok, I know this is an old thread, but was searching for this question.

We had to get rid of our HUGE rooster Ivan, and now, my cute little Blue Splash Silkie is the rooster of the coop! He crows well, he does the happy feet dance and grabs the girls feathers (although not successfully as he is just too little!) I'm sure he is a rooster. He has the mohawk instead of the bouffant and has a huge gnarly comb and wattles. He is 21 weeks old. He has become very friendly with me lately, as have all the girls because of the hormones.

But he squats for me!!!! Wings out and all! Just sometimes. Anyone else?

Back
Top Bottom