Every goose seems to have its own pallet. Planted sweet corn last year they devoured the stalks. Planted sunflowers wanted nothing to do with them but when they died back thought they made the best twig toy's ever to float in there pond and play"no" its mine with. Plant Zucchini every year for the ducks my geese wouldn't touch it. But Zucchini plants they think are a delicious well until they get stiff with pickers on them then NO. Mind you these are my geese yours will be different... Planted a green leaf bed for them. Gone before it had a chance they rooted it up. Plant Barley for them in part of the pasture. In the spring they respect it graze it they do great with it but well eventually the heat kills it. There are a few things that can be toxic to geese. So If a goose is not interested dont encourage it. One that blew me away is not to feed them green beans or green tomatoes.... Im not sure how much I buy into everything on this website but here is something to check out https://opensanctuary.org/things-that-are-toxic-to-geese/#Plants_That_Are_Toxic_To_Geese

Thanks for the info. I have one African goose, not sure yet if it is a female or a male. It has such a different temperament than my others. I bought it as company from a local feed store for a gosling that I had hatched in the incubator.

He will rarely let me touch him and he seems to get aggressive when I reprimand a younger gosling that he has struck up a friendship with. He defers to all the other geese most of the time. He does not like my Sebastopol for reason. Curley is scared to death of "Bagel". Not sure what to expect now that we are going into mating season.

Any insight?

Back
Top Bottom