Do you guys take vitamins?

cmjust0

Songster
10 Years
Apr 30, 2009
Central KY
I started taking vitamins again not that long ago.. We keep goats, and I spent quite a bit of time looking through different loose mineral mixes trying to find one that would be best for my herd.. Ok, I practically obsessed over it for a while.
tongue.png
My wife and I were talking about the goat mineral thing one day and I kinda jokingly said "Ya know, they should make loose minerals for humans" and laughed..

Serious "doh!" moment, I know -- they do! They're called vitamins!

It occurred to me right then and there that it was pretty stupid of me to spend all this time making sure the goats had the right vitamins and minerals in their systems, while neglecting the same "treatment" for myself. So, I started taking vitamins again.
smile.png

I just kinda wondered how many other people do..
hu.gif

FWIW, I'm currently taking a Men's multivitamin containing:

Vit. A. - 2500 IU
Vit. C - 180mg
Vit. D3 - 5000 IU *
Vit. E - 50 IU
Vit. K - 80mcg
Thiamine - 1.5mg
Riboflavin - 1.7mg
Niacin - 20mg
Vit. B6 - 4mg
Folic Acid - 1200mcg *
Vit. B12 - 18mcg
Biotin - 30mcg
Pantothenic Acid - 10mg
Calcium - 162mg
Iodine - 150mcg
Magnesium - 100mg
Zinc - 15mg
Selenium - 70mcg
Copper - 2mg
Manganese - 4mg
Chromium - 120mcg
Molybdenum - 75mcg

* I supplement another 4000 IU of D3 and 800mcg of folic acid. I personally think everybody's deficient on D3 these days, and folic acid is a homocysteine buster... Homocysteine is bad for the heart, and is a byproduct of the consumption of meat.. Since, I'm practically a "meatitarian," and since folic acid is water soluble and cannot be OD'd...figured it was prolly a good idea.
smile.png

I take gummy vitamins for adults!
cool.png
And 1000mg Vitamin C during cold and flu season...
ETA: And extra iron.. I have "issues" with my iron count.

Last edited:
I take a generic multivitamin every night and I take prescription Vitamin D once a week. Apparently I have low vitamin D, who knew?

I take D3 (6000 iu/day -liquid suspended in coconut oil). That's about it. A lot of the vitamins are synthetic and just different enough to be of little or no use in the human body. If I could find a totally natural vitamin supplement, I would take it, but haven't found one I knew for sure was the real deal

I take vitamin D3. I went off of it for the summer and my doctor told me to go back on it and take it year-round, sunshine or no sunshine. Also, vitamin C. Rheumatologist just put me on gingko and magnesium.

Quote:
I eat 4 gummy bears a day, myself.
cool.png

Used to chew vitamin gumballs but I can't find them any more
sad.png

Pill multi-vitamins made me ill no matter what time of day I took them or what I did and did not eat.
I also take a capsule that's supposed to help with hair and nails but I can't remember what it's called.

Last edited:
Quote:
cool.png

sad.png

Pill multi-vitamins made me ill no matter what time of day I took them or what I did and did not eat.
I also take a capsule that's supposed to help with hair and nails but I can't remember what it's called.

Pill vitamins make me feel ill too. I chew 2 gummy vitamins a day. (the ones with less sugar in them) I just try to eat right basically, but at least the chewy ones are more fun than trying to struggle swallowing a large tablet.

Quote:
cool.png

sad.png

I don't take vitamins for the same reason. I couldn't even take prenatal vitamins. It never occurred to me that I could share my sons gummies! There is 2 huge bottles of them in the cupboard! So thanks to you guys, I started taking vitamins today!!
wee.gif

Quote:
cool.png

sad.png

I don't take vitamins for the same reason. I couldn't even take prenatal vitamins. It never occurred to me that I could share my sons gummies! There is 2 huge bottles of them in the cupboard! So thanks to you guys, I started taking vitamins today!!
wee.gif

Read the dosage, though. Adults eat more gummies than kids, but you don't want your child getting jealous!! My DH scolded me when he saw me eat 4 bears, and I had to explain about the different dosages
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif

My brother used to love visiting me when my kids were little. He loved chewable vitamins! Now he has little girls of his own, but they prefer gummies LOL.

There's an adult version of the gummies. You only take two. I didn't think of buying the kid ones and just double up on the gummies. Good to know in case they run out of the adult ones.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom