Do you guys take vitamins?

I take vitamins and so do my kids. My husband also takes a men's multivitamin & CoQ10 which we believe has been a factor in him being able to reduce his heart medicines for CHF. We think he may even be able to "do away" with his heart drugs someday...hopefully.
big_smile.png

Quote:
Many americans are deficient in Vitamin D. Our sunshine vitamin, yet nowadays we avoid the sun or use sunblock.
Vitamin D can go a long way towards helping with fibromyalgia too.
It needs to be the vitamin D 3, not D2. I take 3,000 IU a day.

Last edited:
I take Vit D and E and now I am taking C. I also started taking apple cider vinager that is unpasturized and unfiltered. it has this weird brown stuff floating in it. I take it in the AM and I have a def boost in my energy level. I have to take it in OJ with honey cause it is STOUT!

I take a multi vitamin, and a multi mineral plus a liquid b vitamin complex and 200mg of chromium (I get hypoglycemic easily). I eat lots of yogurt and veggies. I work out at the gym fairly heavily so I have a pretty active lifestyle. taking some extra vitamins gives me peace of mind.

Quote:
My doctor just put me on prescription vitamin D. He says that he thinks the minimum should be 6000 IU/day. He told me that 95 percent of his patients are deficient in vitamin D. It would take 60 glasses of milk per day to equal that.

I take Fish Oil and just found a Vit D in a soft gel!
Costco has it in a liquid, but the frugal side went for the gels instead.

Of course this is in addition to my rx's

Quote:
My doctor just put me on prescription vitamin D. He says that he thinks the minimum should be 6000 IU/day. He told me that 95 percent of his patients are deficient in vitamin D. It would take 60 glasses of milk per day to equal that.

I actually do Vit D testing and I wouldn't say it's 95% deficient but it is much higher than I expected to see in our patients.

A lot of people call me a healthfood nut so I get a lot of my vit from my food - use ground flax seed, eat high fiber,etc.

I do take:
Ca/Mg supplement with D3
Vit D3 softgel - total about 1400 IUs
Acidophilus - I think that helps the immune system too.

If I feel illness coming on I take Echinacea(there's some great research on that) and zinc and Vit C if I'm already sick with a cold.

Just had chol checked and:
Chol - 159
HDL - 88
Triglycerides - 41

thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom