Do you have many chicken friends? UPDATE: FB page created Pg 3! see ya

Wink

Songster
9 Years
Aug 24, 2010
Texas
I think I have three people on my Facebook account that I can talk chickens to, and they don't think I'm a nut job! I'm not sure when I announce the arrival of the Very First egg if most of the my friends will really get it! Do you have many chicken friends outside BYC?

Last edited:
Nope..
idunno.gif
I get many funny looks when i talk about my chickens.

Edit... but I've made some really great new friends here!!

Last edited:
Quote:
Nope, even the FB chicken friends connected via BYC. You should check out Tala's FB trailcam pics---awesome.

Quote:
Really? Can I score a couple just to talk chicken to? ;-). I can almost hear crickets chirping in the background of my posts if I post about my chickens! I was so proud of my self built coop, I out in on FB and it was appreciated, but I'm pretty sure everyone was thinking "really? For some chickens?"

hu.gif
I have one chicken friend, kind of lol. My DH's friend has chickens and turkeys too. He got them a few months ago, so I finally have someone not on BYC I can talk chickens too, lol. He is also a chicken enabler. I traded him 2 silkies for 4 ducks when I lost a duckling and needed some to keep my lone duckling company. Also called and let us know he just picked up some turkeys. I can't be outdone, lol, so had to go pick up a couple. Got him on the lookout for a few goslings now.... maybe it would be better if I didn't have chicken friends.

Quote:
Really? Can I score a couple just to talk chicken to? ;-). I can almost hear crickets chirping in the background of my posts if I post about my chickens! I was so proud of my self built coop, I out in on FB and it was appreciated, but I'm pretty sure everyone was thinking "really? For some chickens?"

Sure!!! Friend me at [email protected] and I can hook you up with some groups that chat - not all the time, but they do now and then. If you are female or a worthy male I can add you to Desperate Farmwives. We have a male there. Boyd.
lau.gif

yeah, most of my friends are chicken people
smile.png
in a small town like this, almost everyone has chickens or at least some kind of animal. you're strange if you don't! 4-h helps, too, i have a lot of 4-h friends and they mostly have livestock... i feel like i'm bragging... am i bragging? i don't know, but it's nice to have people as crazy as i am around
tongue.png

Beside of BYC I have no one to talk to. Basictly I don't have ay friends..........for one my job don't let have me a social life and then in my age everybody has friends for years and they are not in need of a new one. O well..........

Back
Top Bottom