Do you sell roosters?

Jtaranc

Chirping
Sep 26, 2022
So I let a broody hen hatch 5 chicks 5 months ago and 4 of them turned out to be roosters. I am open to rehoming them but I am a little attached because I raised them. They're not mean and already great with the hens. My ratio just doesn't allow for that many roosters.

I had someone say they'd take 2 of them but they wouldn't pay any money for them. What do you do? I would rather them not be someones dinner.
20230910_163721.jpg

20230910_162337.jpg

I will gladly give them away to good homes for free. Usually people will give me a donation for feeding them, but I am just glad to see them somewhere they can be happy.

I really want a bachelor flock, but don't have the resources right now. I'm thinking of having it be a community service in the future.

You could ask the person what they’re intentions are with the roosters, you could also tell them, if your wanting money out of them, that they need to pay to get your roosters.
When I advertise my Roos most of the time the go to someone who is going to eat them, even the little bantam I raise. I have found if you put in your ad that they are not for eating then you most of the time get people who won’t eat them. Hope this helps.

We have poultry swaps here, and I take mine there. Sometimes the person will say they want him for their flock, but i don’t ask. I’m taking 2 this weekend. They are bantams. I have no idea who will want them, but I’m going to assume the best….

Nobody wants a mutt rooster, so the best thing is to have a delicious healthy meal from him/them.
I've tried to keep roosters several times and they eventually all turn out to be a belly button.
They are fed very well and free range all day every day, until it's time to have them humanely taken care of.

Nobody wants a mutt rooster, so the best thing is to have a delicious healthy meal from him/them.
I've tried to keep roosters several times and they eventually all turn out to be a belly button.
They are fed very well and free range all day every day, until it's time to have them humanely taken care of.
I don't think that's true. Plenty of my friends have mutt roosters. I have mutt roosters. There's just more roosters, mutt or not than the demand for them.

Back
Top Bottom