Do you think she's a Husky?

Arztwolf

Songster
5 Years
Aug 5, 2014
SW Texas
This is Mysti, she is a 2yr old spayed female that came to the shelter I volunteer at back in November. She was underweight and infested with fleas and had two 7 week old puppies with her (that where healthier than she was, besides the fleas). She had been found as a stray on a rancher's property. The guy brought her in, so don't know if he's telling the truth or not. Our area is inundated with BYBs and puppy mills. Craigslist is BYB heaven (puppies of every breed for $$$ from "oops" litters, etc). Huskys, for some reason, are one of the main breeds. I've look at some pictures of Huskies and she sort matches a lot of them. She is 40lbs and about medium height. Doesn't really matter if she is, I'm just curious.

She may be a Husky mix, but might not be Husky at all. She reminds me of a Keeshond(?), but it's been a long time since I've seen one so I'm not sure. Royal Canin does DNA tests through your vet to determine what dog breeds a dog has.

She is really gorgeous.

Last edited:
don't waste money on the DNA tests.  they are notoriously unreliable.   

Some skin scraping tests can be unreliable, but the Royal Canin blood test is very accurate, especially because they have a huge database of breeds. It costs about $125.00 at my vet.

IF you can't keep her in a fence then she probably has husky in her. They are notorious for being smart, loyal and take maximum security to keep penned. She actually looks like she may have some chow in her from the front.

She is gorgeous.

I was going to say GSD/husky mix as well (or at least a breed that looks husky). Very pretty girl!

I have to agree with dainera about the DNA tests. They are fun if you have the extra cash, but I wouldn't bet your life savings on the results! Even the dog geneticists here at cornell laugh about them.

Back
Top Bottom