Does Anyone Know Which Artist Painted This??

Looks like the signature says "Ricky"? I could be wrong.
hmm.png

Quote:
"Starving Artists: The Process

Factory workers stand, for hours at a time, in front of machines that support a long roll of blank canvas. With brushes and paint, each worker is responsible for painting one image or portion of a painting’s entire composition. For instance, when producing a landscape painting, Artist #1 will paint a tree, Artist #2 will paint a bird, and so on. At intervals and without warning, the canvas is automatically repositioned by machine to expose the next blank area of canvas to the workers who will paint it. The workers repeat the painting process. During the process, Artist #1 paints that same tree over and over again for the next 14 hours straight.

Well, just like Artist #1 whose job it is to paint that tree, there is another artist in the starving artist sweatshop who signs paintings. Despite their country of origin, the signed surnames on the majority of the paintings are not Eastern. Marketing dictates that westerners expect to buy paintings signed with western surnames like Smith, Worthington, or Jones, so the producers sign all of the paintings with a few of the most common western surnames. This piecemeal art process continues until hundreds of look-alike paintings are produced. Completed paintings are cut from the end of the canvas roll, stapled to a wooden stretcher, framed, and crated for shipment to a hotel lobby near you.

Now that you know the inside scoop on the starving artists sales, don’t you think that your $50 would be better spent on a good pencil sketch by a student artist at your local college or university? I certainly do. "

Quote:
"Starving Artists: The Process

Factory workers stand, for hours at a time, in front of machines that support a long roll of blank canvas. With brushes and paint, each worker is responsible for painting one image or portion of a painting’s entire composition. For instance, when producing a landscape painting, Artist #1 will paint a tree, Artist #2 will paint a bird, and so on. At intervals and without warning, the canvas is automatically repositioned by machine to expose the next blank area of canvas to the workers who will paint it. The workers repeat the painting process. During the process, Artist #1 paints that same tree over and over again for the next 14 hours straight.

Well, just like Artist #1 whose job it is to paint that tree, there is another artist in the starving artist sweatshop who signs paintings. Despite their country of origin, the signed surnames on the majority of the paintings are not Eastern. Marketing dictates that westerners expect to buy paintings signed with western surnames like Smith, Worthington, or Jones, so the producers sign all of the paintings with a few of the most common western surnames. This piecemeal art process continues until hundreds of look-alike paintings are produced. Completed paintings are cut from the end of the canvas roll, stapled to a wooden stretcher, framed, and crated for shipment to a hotel lobby near you.

Now that you know the inside scoop on the starving artists sales, don’t you think that your $50 would be better spent on a good pencil sketch by a student artist at your local college or university? I certainly do. "

Yeah, i am aware of the process! Being an artist. Just saying this one doesn't look like one! I don't buy knockoff's my pieces are all original
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
...hmmm. As an artist then you see the repetitive stippling of the brush strokes and the house cut in ackwardly with a paint knife...look at the close up. It was painted in "Happy Little Mountain" style.

Safeway is a grocery store and it is more likely that they sold the mass produced paintings...

I have one similar that I bought at a flea market 25 years ago.

What makes the painting valuable is the sentiment associated with it and the frame made by your dad and that's a wonderful thing.

Like I said...I'm not looking for monetary value.

If it IS a copy, then I want to find out what the original copy was about. I've been wondering for 20 years and I'm still curious.

He bought it for my mom for their wedding anniversary...and knew it needed a frame, so he made it. We lost my mom 2 years ago to cancer, so the painting is kind of special to me.

Quote:
...hmmm. As an artist then you see the repetitive stippling of the brush strokes and the house cut in ackwardly with a paint knife...look at the close up. It was painted in "Happy Little Mountain" style.

Safeway is a grocery store and it is more likely that they sold the mass produced paintings...

I have one similar that I bought at a flea market 25 years ago.

What makes the painting valuable is the sentiment associated with it and the frame made by your dad and that's a wonderful thing.

You must have one hell of an eye, or i am just blind~ never looked at them close up.And safe way, where do you see that? I am blind...lol

I just don't believe it's one. Is that OK? or should i have to agree? Just wondering.....
hide.gif

I am not an art major just an artist
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom